• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's your number?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Part timer
    I know right! Not cut out it appears.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Blimey. This thread is an eye opener. I thought most of us worked for the flexibility. I'm surprised at those that just had half days with family or no holidays at all? I had 2 family hols, a lads holiday, went on tour and plenty of long weekends etc cause I can. It must be me that's doing something wrong
      Yeah, but there are different ways of exercising the flexibility it provides. Personally, I prefer a few months out every few years, and I'm looking to retire young. I'm not too bothered about short holidays. YMMV. I guess you could also justify contracting for the money and variety, without taking much time off.

Comment

Blimey. This thread is an eye opener. I thought most of us worked for the flexibility. I'm surprised at those that just had half days with family or no holidays at all? I had 2 family hols, a lads holiday, went on tour and plenty of long weekends etc cause I can. It must be me that's doing something wrong
        You're a Northerner, we all know that North of Watford everyone is a lazy bastard.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

...been a bit peely-wally.

Comment

2.5 whole months off Feb - mid April
            2 weeks in the summer
            1 week in late September
            1 week in October.

I was hoping for the first week of Jan off but new Clientco has thrown a spanner in that plan....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

They want to be the richest men in the grave yard - though if their family has sense they would cremate them as it's cheaper.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I guess having a local contract where I am home every night I have not felt "away" from the family
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Saving for a deposit for a house in London so happy to put in a few tough yrs and take it easier afterwards. And I'm local to home so home to get the kids ready in the morning and put them to bed
                  Last edited by VillageContractor; 21 December 2016, 09:13.

Comment

I know right! Not cut out it appears.

You're still on track for 366 billable nights.

Comment

went on tour
                      Pub rocker?

Anyhow. I've only started in April this year and I've had about 8 days off from max billable days. I am doing this for the flexibility, but with the understanding that it's future me that'll be getting the benefit.

Comment

Working...
                      X