• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lorry kills nine at Christmas market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Ban all lorries?

Not sure what they can do really. They said on the news that the lorry was nicked from Poland, so whether the perp was allowed to stay in Germany or not is largely irrelevant. Even if there were border controls, tens of thousands of lorries would be allowed through every day.

the lorry wasn't nicked from Poland, the driver was murdered and found still in the cab.

The lorry wasn't just nicked, it was hijacked somewhere and the driver murdered and left in the cab.

The lorry was Polish as was the driver, where did the hijacking happen that remains to be seen.

As far as I understand they have allegedly caught the person.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      There is a theory that Merkel accepted the large influx of Syrians as a part solution to the medium and long term German demographics problem.
      Hard to fault her logic when you consider they have been trying to struggle past with intellectual lightweights like darmstadt and scooterscot greasing the wheels of industry.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Hard to fault her logic when you consider they have been trying to struggle past with intellectual lightweights like darmstadt and scooterscot greasing the wheels of industry.

Shaun you are so naughty.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          Shaun you are so naughty.

Milan.
          Milan, you are so camp.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Turns out to have been a Pakistani migrant, known to be a petty criminal.

Interesting all these semi-retarded scrotes tend to be petty criminals before committing the heinous crime that makes them famous.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post

Thankfully. But the performance of the German state over the next month will be critical. If they have a repeat of the New Year's day assaults this year ( or heaven forbid another attack ) then opinion could significantly harden against Merkel.
              I'm amongst Germans daily, from my work to my language lessons. Never a reactionary statement from such events. No knee-jerk calling for radical action. Polar opposite thinking from the UK. Neither does it means they're tree hugging idealists. If they see a situation a bullet will be used. You'll not see a wishy washy capture option with a court case dragging out for years.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

So what is the list of recent attacks in EU nations? It feels like quite a few but memory may be playing tricks.

Does the recent spate begin with Paris or am I missing some?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Brussels airport, 2016, 31 dead
                  Paris, 2015, 131 dead
                  London, 2005, 52 dead
                  Madrid, 2004, 191 dead

Glasgow airport, 2007, 0 dead, one vengeful baggage handler takes umbrage during his lunch break.

All home grown terrorists.
                  Last edited by scooterscot; 20 December 2016, 11:45.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    So what is the list of recent attacks in EU nations? It feels like quite a few but memory may be playing tricks.

Does the recent spate begin with Paris or am I missing some?
                    Charlie Hebdo
                    Bataclan + restaurants
                    Lorry in the French seaside town (forgot name)
                    Berlin

In the French case, all European born (?)
                    In all cases known petty criminals as opposed to Koran reading fanatics, although they justified their acts through Islam.
                    I guess it's just easier for stupid people to be brainwashed.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Charlie Hebdo
                      Bataclan + restaurants
                      Lorry in the French seaside town (forgot name)
                      Berlin

In the French case, all European born (?)
                      In all cases known petty criminals as opposed to Koran reading fanatics, although they justified their acts through Islam.
                      I guess it's just easier for stupid people to be brainwashed.
                      In other words be careful sending petty criminals who are idiots to prison.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X