• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lorry kills nine at Christmas market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    ... letting these people into Germany with no questions asked...
    Where does this idea come from? Is it one of those lies that if repeated often enough gets treated as fact? All asylum seekers are questioned - it's part of the process. If they are considered not to be under risk of persecution, they're deported.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Where does this idea come from? Is it one of those lies that if repeated often enough gets treated as fact? All asylum seekers are questioned - it's part of the process. If they are considered not to be under risk of persecution, they're deported.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Lorry kills nine at Christmas market

Deported to where?

How many migrants in recent times have been deported from Germany?

The UK Cameron policy is far better - select the genuine needy at source. Saves them a perilous trip to be robbed, raped, or killed along of the way.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          Deported to where?
          Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Nigeria, Ghana, Sudan, South Sudan, Albania, Kosova... I was chatting with an Afghan German who'd come to Germany 20+ years ago when he was a few weeks old. He was telling me that Afghanistan is now considered a safe country by the German authorities, and so they're planning to deport ~12000 Afghans. Maybe that is the motivation for this attack?

How many migrants in recent times have been deported from Germany?
          Over 20000 in 2015, and it'll be over 26000 for 2016. That fhgure doesn't include people who return voluntarily, when they find that life in the West isn't so great. The authorities do road trips which asylum seekers are obliged to attend, where they tell them how nicely they'll be treated if they leave voluntarily, and how nasty it will be if they're deported (if their application fails).

Many seekers are now kept in large camps in the middle of nowhere. This is also to encourage them to leave (provide the basics, but that's it), as well as to try to ensure that unintegrated people in the cities aren't in large numbers.

The UK Cameron policy is far better - select the genuine needy at source. Saves them a perilous trip to be robbed, raped, or killed along of the way.
          Don't disagree. But those who do turn up at the border need to be processed nonetheless.

Comment

R4 saying the driver is an asylum seeker from Afghanistan or Pakistan.

Comment

Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Nigeria, Ghana, Sudan, South Sudan, Albania, Kosova... I was chatting with an Afghan German who'd come to Germany 20+ years ago when he was a few weeks old. He was telling me that Afghanistan is now considered a safe country by the German authorities, and so they're planning to deport ~12000 Afghans. Maybe that is the motivation for this attack?

Over 20000 in 2015, and it'll be over 26000 for 2016. That fhgure doesn't include people who return voluntarily, when they find that life in the West isn't so great. The authorities do road trips which asylum seekers are obliged to attend, where they tell them how nicely they'll be treated if they leave voluntarily, and how nasty it will be if they're deported (if their application fails).

Many seekers are now kept in large camps in the middle of nowhere. This is also to encourage them to leave (provide the basics, but that's it), as well as to try to ensure that unintegrated people in the cities aren't in large numbers.

Don't disagree. But those who do turn up at the border need to be processed nonetheless.
              I make that just over 5% deported then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34131911

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I'm not sure if the actual bombers tricked into giving up their lives aren't among the victims. They're just pawns.
                That's quite breathtaking.

Go tell thst to the families of the victims

Comment

I congratulate you on your mathematical ability . The point is that deportations are happening. It takes time to process hundreds of thousands of people, but checks are made, and people are not released willy-nilly into the general populace.

It is inevitable, however, that some undesirables will get through. The idea that this is because of a "no questions asked" policy is silly and feeds into the barely rational mindset of "uh... immigrants... bad... uh.. govmint out to get us... uh.. govmint bring in killers ...uh.. not safe in our beds..." etc.

You may have missed above where I mentioned that Afghanistan is now considered a safe country, and that there are plans to return over 12000 Afghans. I wonder whether that might have been a motivation for this killer?

Comment

I wonder whether that might have been a motivation for this killer?
                    Fortnightly bin collections?
                    I get up...

Comment

What kind of mental gymnastics are going on in your head?

Comment

Working...
                      X