• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lorry kills nine at Christmas market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I think that's slightly more than Oh dear.... They've given the actual man long enough to move from Germany elsewhere....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I think that's slightly more than Oh dear.... They've given the actual man long enough to move from Germany elsewhere....
      Germans won’t take the initiative (in this case the police) if they haven’t been trained to do something.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I congratulate you on your mathematical ability . The point is that deportations are happening. It takes time to process hundreds of thousands of people, but checks are made, and people are not released willy-nilly into the general populace.

It is inevitable, however, that some undesirables will get through. The idea that this is because of a "no questions asked" policy is silly and feeds into the barely rational mindset of "uh... immigrants... bad... uh.. govmint out to get us... uh.. govmint bring in killers ...uh.. not safe in our beds..." etc.

You may have missed above where I mentioned that Afghanistan is now considered a safe country, and that there are plans to return over 12000 Afghans. I wonder whether that might have been a motivation for this killer?
        Several people on R4 today saying Germany has let in 1mil migrants in the last year.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I think that's slightly more than Oh dear....
          British understatement. Perhaps you prefer American vulgarism instead? "Oh for **** sake, what have those stupid ****ing ****ers done now? ****ing moronic ****ers".
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I was at the Brussels Christmas market recently and there were armed military personnel everywhere.

Can't believe there wouldn't have been a similar presence in Berlin given recent events and the intelligence warning of such an attack.

Which just leads me to think just how staggeringly incompetent the German police are for allowing this guy to get away. Why didn't they just shoot the fekker?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Several people on R4 today saying Germany has let in 1mil migrants in the last year.
              1 million last year, 300'000 this year. I think my usage of "hundreds of thousands" is valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                I was at the Brussels Christmas market recently and there were armed military personnel everywhere.

Can't believe there wouldn't have been a similar presence in Berlin given recent events and the intelligence warning of such an attack.

Which just leads me to think just how staggeringly incompetent the German police are for allowing this guy to get away. Why didn't they just shoot the fekker?
                Brussels was attacked earlier this year. Berlin hadn't been attacked and therefore they clearly didn't think it was necessary
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Germans won’t take the initiative (in this case the police) if they haven’t been trained to do something.
                  The story the Telegraph gave out yesterday was that a member of the public had followed the perp after he left the lorry, whilst talking the feds into his location. I think they can be forgiven for collaring the wrong guy under those circumstances.

Comment

Police are hunting a Tunisian.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Anis A. Granted temporary right to stay in Germany. Which would mean his application was not a simple "no" followed by deportation (eventually), but rather was in the process of being considered further. I guess it'll be "no" now. After a stay in prison. Or maybe a permanent "yes". In a graveyard.

Comment

Working...
                      X