• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dame Louise Casey - racist or common sense?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You mean the same Sikh community who send protesters to temples when people try to marry someone who is non-Sikh?
    There you go. Protesting is very British. They'll be getting a leaflet campaign going next.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      do they strap on bombs, beat up people etc?

no society is perfect but I'll take that over the Hunt sabatouers, Animal rights or EDL nutters.
      You mean like certain Northern Irish people use to do?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        There you go. Protesting is very British. They'll be getting a leaflet campaign going next.
        ORDQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WgUktfdDy4

Give quiche a chance...
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          I suppose terrorising and threatening to beat the carp out of people of all ages who attend as guests is as well.

Comment

Yes, the same group. I worked with a woman whose father told her she could get married to anyone but a BMW (black Muslim or white).

Yes, that's wrong but she was working. Contrast that with the Muslim group of immigrants, they see us as unclean, they want us to submit to their God, they're homophobic they're sexist, they seem to view vulnerable white girls as their chattel the problems seem to be a great deal bigger.

Comment

yep. Given half a chance they still do. I don't want that in my society either.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Its quite hard to integrate a Muslim society into a Christian society.
                This stance is probably where it all goes wrong.

They are not integrating into a Christian society

They are become citizens of the Uk which in turn implies that they will be bound by UK laws

Where their religion is incompatible with UK law they either change it - or they go to a country which allows those practices.

Comment

And still do don't you mean? Might be worth noting that there's still no real integration in Northern Ireland.

Comment

I suppose terrorising and threatening to beat the carp out of people of all ages who attend as guests is as well.
                    Yep, that's your EDL level of protest

Jews (at least the strict ones) don't marry outside of their own community either. The lower the involvement of religion, the more tolerant people seem to be. Fancy that.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                      Yes, the same group. I worked with a woman whose father told her she could get married to anyone but a BMW (black Muslim or white).

Yes, that's wrong but she was working. Contrast that with the Muslim group of immigrants, they see us as unclean, they want us to submit to their God, they're homophobic they're sexist, they seem to view vulnerable white girls as their chattel the problems seem to be a great deal bigger.
                      Islam being a worldwide religion means there isn't one Muslim group of immigrants.

Some Muslims in the UK are converts.

Others come from different countries in Africa e.g. Egypt, Morocco, Somalia, the Gambia, Nigeria as well as other countries in Asia like Malaysia, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. I haven't met any US converts in the UK but I suspect some exist.

So if you are talking about a specific culture where the main religion is Islam you should state at least the country they come from.

Comment

Working...
                      X