• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Murky Nissan deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    The simple answer as a Remain voter is I really don't have an answer as my answer was to stay in the EU but now the EU get a say in any deal so we are in the lap of the gods.
    Remaining is a perfectly legitimate position. Leaving the EEA and CU is a perfectly legitimate position. A sectoral deal could be a legitimate outcome, but would be fraught. However, the EEA (off the shelf) would not make sense, which is why it was almost universally rejected until recently (i.e. until Continuity Remain saw this as the least worst option following the vote). May has said feck all about what she plans, but she knows enough already to have rejected "Norway" and "Switzerland" as credible options.

Comment

The transitional deal will be very like EEA, and it is going to be a very long transition. There is no credible alternative. The UK needs to get its debts down and build up a credible export industry of some kind. Even Switzerland who were completely outside the EU for a long time caved in in the end, and they have no debt, don't rely on inward investment and have strong indigenous export industries. Their agriculture which is still outside the EU is a complete disaster.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        Your interpretation of what might or might not have been said strangely always fits your view that the EU is better / stronger. Ref: my other post shoing how rubbish German Q3 growth is.
        We know you're a moron, so its not surprising that you think some quarterly growth figure indicates anything about the relative overall strength of the UK and German economies.
        Not to mention that the good UK growth figures are while we are still in the EU.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          We know you're a moron, so its not surprising that you think some quarterly growth figure indicates anything about the relative overall strength of the UK and German economies.
          Not to mention that the good UK growth figures are while we are still in the EU.
          We know you feel the need to insult people who don't agree with you, it doesn't make you look big or clever. Sometimes your facts & suggestions are quite interesting but then I go its just Sas being a twit I can't be bothered so if you are trying to educate us then you are failing because of your poor technique. I'm sure people have explained this to you before.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            We know you feel the need to insult people who don't agree with you, it doesn't make you look big or clever. Sometimes your facts & suggestions are quite interesting but then I go its just Sas being a twit I can't be bothered so if you are trying to educate us then you are failing because of your poor technique. I'm sure people have explained this to you before.
            Stupid is as stupid says or does.
            Don't blame the messenger.
            And quite frankly most of you are beyond educating.
            Which is why, now that I've stashed a bit of loot abroad, I want hard Brexit now.
            Pain is the best teacher :-)
            Last edited by sasguru; 24 November 2016, 12:05.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Stupid is as stupid says or does.
              That ought to be your epitaph.
              Anyway, how was rehab? Have techniques altered much since your last trip?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                The transitional deal will be very like EEA, and it is going to be a very long transition. There is no credible alternative. The UK needs to get its debts down and build up a credible export industry of some kind. Even Switzerland who were completely outside the EU for a long time caved in in the end, and they have no debt, don't rely on inward investment and have strong indigenous export industries. Their agriculture which is still outside the EU is a complete disaster.

Yes, I think it's well-established by now that we have polar opposite views on the likely outcome, largely because we view the short- and long-term financial implications and political reality very differently. A couple of years, and we'll see who was closer. I can hardly wait

In the mean time, you should get out more. There's a whole forum here outside of Brexit threads

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Yes, I think it's well-established by now that we have polar opposite views on the likely outcome, largely because we view the short- and long-term financial implications and political reality very differently. A couple of years, and we'll see who was closer. I can hardly wait

In the mean time, you should get out more. There's a whole forum here outside of Brexit threads
                  indeed....

so let me post a link on which we can both agree::

A Transitional deal will thwart Brexit

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    indeed....

so let me post a link on which we can both agree::

A Transitional deal will thwart Brexit

I'm not totally against a transitional deal, in principle, but I think it's very likely to end as described, i.e. some fugly purgatory that no one will support. In that case, none of the pressures within the Tory party, or outside, have gone away, so what comes afterwards would be much more hardline. I'd still assume that the Council will be pragmatic (unlike the Commission), and there was an article in the WSJ yesterday alluding to that, but we'll see. TBH, I'm rather bored of all the speculation now and would be happy to revisit this in a couple of years

Comment

I may well be a moron but at least an economically literate one. You on the other hand........

Comment

Working...
                      X