• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear - permie redundancies - this never ends well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I've been at a couple of firms where they have got rid of permies but extended me. The permies are booted out as they don't have the ongoing skills required.
    Yep, current client co binned off 600 permies in early part of this year. Friday email and all that.

Then they brought 600 contractors. Thems the breaks.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I've always seen permies go before contractors, tbh being a permy now I would love redundancy as the payout is pretty tasty, I know a few permies who have been made redundant a few times in last 5-10 years due to mergers etc and have made a mint off it.

Contractors tend not to be binned as they are accounted for differently vs permies.

Comment

Working...
      X