• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowflake burning in hell...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    But in the case of brexit it's bloody well known what your constituents delegated view is because it was counted and weighed. That labour tulips only honest option would be to say I'm sorry my views are out of touch with my constituents I'm stepping down on a point of conscience I leave them to vote someone in to deliver their will. But his nose is too far in the trough
    The referendum result was done by council regions. Lots of constituencies at the moment do not follow these regions.

Incidentally I have a pro-Brexit MP but the part of the two council regions he represents voted 70% and 60% to remain. So according to you because he doesn't represent the majority of his constituents views on this one issue he should step down?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      When faced with a choice between Clinton and Trump, I wouldn't want to vote for either
      There were actually 4 candidates on the ballot paper. So you could vote for one of the others as a protect vote, write something on the paper or draw a nice picture ensuring you don't do it in the boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        I disagree. Even with the caveat, (which I DO agree with).
        As soon as you make something compulsory then you start to erode freedom of choice.
        Nobody died so that we should HAVE to vote, they died for our right to choose whether or not we WISH to vote.
        So Australia is less free than the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          The referendum result was done by council regions. Lots of constituencies at the moment do not follow these regions.

Incidentally I have a pro-Brexit MP but the part of the two council regions he represents voted 70% and 60% to remain. So according to you because he doesn't represent the majority of his constituents views on this one issue he should step down?
          No he should vote against his own interests and go with the wishes of the council regions overwhelming vote. Only if he can't do that should he stand down. Having principles isn't new, it's just less common than it once was.

Comment

There were actually 4 candidates on the ballot paper. So you could vote for one of the others as a protect vote, write something on the paper or draw a nice picture ensuring you don't do it in the boxes.
            I don't think they have ballot papers in the US, it's some sort of electronic type system. But I take your point, there was at least one other alternative on the ballot.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Lots of people did. And now Trump is getting in and I bet lots of them are kicking themselves

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
              yes because 51% of people can vote to take away the rights of the 49%

works better when you have a constitutional republic that protects everyone's rights first and foremost after that I don't think direct democracy is a bad idea at all, especially in this day and age when information is universally available and voting should be easier and quicker than ever

we can seriously cut back on the "representatives" too
              Information is available but 99% of people don't bother to find it. In fact with more people now getting their 'facts' from FaceBook it's possible people are less well-informed than in the past. We've seen the kind of daft decisions the public voting en masse can make... wisdom of crowds is not much use when the vast majority of people (myself included and while no genius I'm smarter and better informed than the average bear) don't have the slightest clue what's best and what's bloody stupid
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Lots of people did. And now Trump is getting in and I bet lots of them are kicking themselves

Information is available but 99% of people don't bother to find it. In fact with more people now getting their 'facts' from FaceBook it's possible people are less well-informed than in the past. We've seen the kind of daft decisions the public voting en masse can make... wisdom of crowds is not much use when the vast majority of people (myself included and while no genius I'm smarter and better informed than the average bear) don't have the slightest clue what's best and what's bloody stupid
                I don't agree with your analysis that people are stupid and mis-informed. I find most people are far more savvy than people give them credit for. And it is precisely for this reason, they feel so let down and exploited.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  I don't agree with your analysis that people are stupid and mis-informed. I find most people are far more savvy than people give them credit for
                  The reason you think that is because most people you meet are going to be more intelligent than you.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    The reason you think that is because most people you meet are going to be more intelligent than you.
                    I thought the purpose of moderators was to moderate the discussion, not act like a troll and fan the flames.

CUK, what a tulip hole.

Comment

MPs are just like any other wage slave in the fact you frequently think "this is not the right way to do it but I'll do it to the best of my ability because that is what the company needs"

If you truly feel its wrong then step down or find another job.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X