• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowflake burning in hell...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    I think that one came out wrong.
    Unfortunately it exposed the thinking of someone. That is what she truly thought so not a lot of sympathy.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Unfortunately it exposed the thinking of someone. That is what she truly thought so not a lot of sympathy.
      I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Ken Clark and snowflake girl, I am less than impressed with.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        Actually felt sorry for her by the end as in became obvious that she was the acceptable face of millennial protestation and that they are probably ****ed if they think that moaning is good enough to get their own way.

However I thought the Labour guy was a particular evil sly kind of weasel in the way he explained about how his voters wanted him to vote on article 50 vs what he wanted to do.

Think its time political classes understood that they don't get the choice of how they vote. They are there to enact the will of the people they represent.
        Another person who doesn't understand how the political system works in the UK.

A MP or any politician on a party ticket is there to represent their party first so needs to follow the party line unless it is a free vote. If they don't, on the rare occasions they need to protest against government policy they will not be able to gain the support, respect and help of their political colleagues both in their own party and across party to change government policy.

This is one of the reasons Corbyn has difficulties with Labour MPs in his own party as he's rebelled too much under other Labour leaders.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Ken Clark and snowflake girl, I am less than impressed with.
          Snowflake girl perhaps, but why Ken Clarke? He represents his constituency, and his constituency voted in favour of Remain.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Snowflake girl perhaps, but why Ken Clarke? He represents his constituency, and his constituency voted in favour of Remain.
            He thinks he knows best.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              He wasn't addressing Ken Clarke he was addressing the arrogant leftie bint that started spouting off about jobs
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                She deserved hanging.

If you don't use your democratic right then as far as I'm concerned you can f*** off and I won't listen to your moans or other comments.
                Not voting IS your democratic right. On balance I'd support your "protest/spoiled vote" argument rather than "just vote for someone" but deliberately not voting rather than being too lazy to vote is a legitimate choice.

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                Think its time political classes understood that they don't get the choice of how they vote. They are there to enact the will of the people they represent.
                That's not how it works at all. The whole idea is we vote in people and delegate a lot of responsibility to them as people who have more knowledge and (in theory) wisdom. That is their job and they get paid a decent salary for it. Direct democracy is a bad idea.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Not voting IS your democratic right. On balance I'd support your "protest/spoiled vote" argument rather than "just vote for someone" but deliberately not voting rather than being too lazy to vote is a legitimate choice.

That's not how it works at all. The whole idea is we vote in people and delegate a lot of responsibility to them as people who have more knowledge and (in theory) wisdom. That is their job and they get paid a decent salary for it. Direct democracy is a bad idea.
                  I think the point is that she did have a point of view which she should have voted for - why, when faced with a choice of 2 options - one of which you agree with and one of which you don't - would you not vote?

Comment

Indeed. Not voting when you hold a view is deserving of attack - but I don't agree with Sue's "you MUST vote" argument.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

When faced with a choice between Clinton and Trump, I wouldn't want to vote for either

Comment

Working...
                      X