• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How the USA gets rid of Trump

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

health and safety and global corporatism
    Say what?
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
      Say what?
      Health & Safety is the means used by corporates to hold monopolies in business and for governments to control and herd people. Together governments and those who lobby on behalf of the corporate world ensure that their markets are protected from small business competition . So you will find that Banking, Insurance, pharma, construction, media will be dominated by fewer large companies. This will enable corporates to pay as little tax as possible whilst bribing politicians and exploit labour markets across the world to keep its costs down and its profits up.

Brexit breaks the link between government and responsibility and removes govts ability to hide its decision making responsibilities behind Brussels.

I am surprised a liberal left wing "useful idiot" like you does not object to this. I suspect you are more driven by a desire to control people and subject them to your own political ideologies (sorry "truths") than it is to give them more of what they would like.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        It is a darn site more palatable than your sanitised tyranny of political correctness, climate change racketeering, health and safety and global corporatism with its weasel deference to "sustainability" and "diversity"
        Not really. It's like being asked if you'd rather eat pig tulip or cat tulip. PC being bad does not mean that groping women is good. PC is bad. Groping women is bad. In many ways, both treat people as objects, which is often the beginning of evil.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Not really. It's like being asked if you'd rather eat pig tulip or cat tulip. PC being bad does not mean that groping women is good. PC is bad. Groping women is bad. In many ways, both treat people as objects, which is often the beginning of evil.
          If there is to be anything "positive" about Trump being elected it should be this. It ought to act as a real wake-up call to the ruling political classes that their strategies have alienated far too many voters across far too wide a spectrum. They have done this by being arrogant, aloof, and dismissive in equal measure over a prolonged period of time.
          What they OUGHT to do now is take that on board and figure out how to regain the trust and support of that body of people.
          Whether they will recognise that and respond remains to be seen, for at the moment most of them seem to be in denial.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I am talking about the overall tyranny of the liberal left being overturned where words and phrases are taken at face value when they not intended to be (called metaphors and jokes) and where context of words is ignored.
            Donald Trump Makes His Case in Pittsburgh - The Atlantic
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Together governments and those who lobby on behalf of the corporate world ensure that their markets are protected from small business competition . So you will find that Banking, Insurance, pharma, construction, media will be dominated by fewer large companies. This will enable corporates to pay as little tax as possible whilst bribing politicians and exploit labour markets across the world to keep its costs down and its profits up. [...] I am surprised a liberal left wing "useful idiot" like you does not object to this.
              Again, a big huh? When have I expressed anything that leads you to that conclusion? What you're describing sounds like the consequences of Hayakian neoliberalism, viewed on the Left as a Bad Thing, and one of the reasons we have Trump.

.... the result is first disempowerment then disenfranchisement. If the dominant ideology stops governments from changing social outcomes, they can no longer respond to the needs of the electorate. Politics becomes irrelevant to people’s lives; debate is reduced to the jabber of a remote elite. The disenfranchised turn instead to a virulent anti-politics in which facts and arguments are replaced by slogans, symbols and sensation. The man who sank Hillary Clinton’s bid for the presidency was not Donald Trump. It was her husband.

The paradoxical result is that the backlash against neoliberalism’s crushing of political choice has elevated just the kind of man that Hayek worshipped. Trump, who has no coherent politics, is not a classic neoliberal. But he is the perfect representation of Hayek’s “independent”; the beneficiary of inherited wealth, unconstrained by common morality, whose gross predilections strike a new path that others may follow. The neoliberal thinktankers are now swarming round this hollow man, this empty vessel waiting to be filled by those who know what they want. The likely result is the demolition of our remaining decencies, beginning with the agreement to limit global warming.

Comment

https://www.indy100.com/article/dona...people-7416171

Heh. People who live in crass houses shouldn't stow thrones. (*)

* That's a joke, Dodgy.

Comment

Again, a big huh? When have I expressed anything that leads you to that conclusion? What you're describing sounds like the consequences of Hayakian neoliberalism, viewed on the Left as a Bad Thing, and one of the reasons we have Trump.
                  I am giving reasons why people voted for Trump and Brexit. If you want to turn them into a liberal style high brow discussion for intellectuals to toss themselves off over then find someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    I am giving reasons why people voted for Trump and Brexit. If you want to turn them into a liberal style high brow discussion for intellectuals to toss themselves off over then find someone else.
                    Charming. In addition you characterised a perfectly civil answer to the question posed in the OP as 'whining' and proceeded to ascribe to me opinions I certainly disagree with, without evidence.

Comment

Charming. In addition you characterised a perfectly civil answer to the question posed in the OP as 'whining' and proceeded to ascribe to me opinions I certainly disagree with, without evidence.
                      I made a point about why people voted for Trump and Brexit. If the facts do not support my view then you are free to counter the point. If you want to get into a debate about something else then do so and say so.

Comment

Working...
                      X