• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to discuss next ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    economically it already is

80% of exports are sent to DE and the currency is informally pegged against the Euro

most big employers subsidiaries of German powerhouses

Milan.
    I have a sudden craving

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      If there was no Yorkshire Tea in the shop, what would you buy?
      They should be prosecuted under the Trades Descriptions Act. Tea doesn't come from Yorkshire, but it's brown and muddy-looking, so I can see why some might be fooled.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        I have a sudden craving

yes cuisine is similar, especially if you like meaty dishes, swein's haxe etc

countryside is similar, although southern DE has the advantage they are closer to the Alps and the Med

standard of living is similar, quality of life similar

architecture is similar

Milan.

Comment

pound is flying today

Trump in

Brexit out

what's not to like ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            They should be prosecuted under the Trades Descriptions Act. Tea doesn't come from Yorkshire, but it's brown and muddy-looking, so I can see why some might be fooled.
            But Cornish Tea does come from Cornwall. Britain now grows tea! An Atricle about tea production in England
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
              Which would win?
              Hamster fighting Gerbil
              I took home gerbils from school for the weekend. SAturday there was a load of baby Gerbils. Sunday they were gone. A bit of a lesson for how cruel nature can be.

Comment

Recap,

Trump's in and after the dust has settled everybody has agreed his policies aren't so bad after all

Brexit is out - similarly after the dust has settled everybody has realized that brexit never mean't brexit anyway

What now ?

Milan.

Well he is going to build a wall

Trump Shows Every Sign of Carrying Out Sweeping Immigration Crackdown - Bloomberg Politics

He'll spend a lot of time controlling the border. He may not spend very much time trying to get Mexico to pay for it. But it was a great campaign device," Newt Gingrich, a Trump surrogate and former House speaker, told National Public Radio.

A wall on the Southern border is estimated to cost possibly $25 billion. Spokesmen for McConnell and House Speaker Paul Ryan of Wisconsin didn't immediately respond when asked if they support funding for it.

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who is advising Trump, said Thursday on CNN that "the wall is going to to take a while," but suggested Trump could "do it by executive order by just re-programming money within the immigration service."
                The wall is an excellent idea as it will be like building the pyramids in ancient times sucking up huge resources and focussing everyone's attention. He can then argue that things will get better after the wall is built, but of course the wall will take 8 years to build.

You can see where this is going
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Trump's in and after the dust has settled everybody has agreed his policies aren't so bad after all
                  Huh? He's not in, the dust hasn't settled, and nobody has agreed that. In fact nobody knows what his policies are except that his first easy job is to double growth. After that he's going to get on to something a bit more testing.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Recap,

Brexit is out - similarly after the dust has settled everybody has realized that brexit never mean't brexit anyway

What now ?

Milan.
                    Top Gear , sorry, I meant The Grand Tour, starts soon!

Brexit
                    Trump
                    Clarkson

Guardian readers not having a good time of it really.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                      Top Gear , sorry, I meant The Grand Tour, starts soon!

Brexit
                      Trump
                      Clarkson

Guardian readers not having a good time of it really.
                      Yawn yawn...

Comment

Working...
                      X