• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CPS considers complaint that leave campaigns misled voters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Surely that would be MORE fuel to the argument, not less? You can't say "both sides broke the law so it probably evens out" it just increases the scale of the problem.
    you don't understand sarcasm?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      you don't understand sarcasm?
      You don't understand how to employ sarcasm?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Surely that would be MORE fuel to the argument, not less? You can't say "both sides broke the law so it probably evens out" it just increases the scale of the problem.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          I was actually thinking that they spent too much on it and breached electoral rules.

Though if we can't do B'liar for a students dodgy dossier how can we for CMD spending millions too much on a bunch of lies.
          Blair lied to parliament and so was protected by parliamentary privilege.

The Leave campaign lied to the public even when the ONS pointed out they were making facts up. Funnily enough Farage was the only one who didn't lie about the amount, as he wasn't in the official Leave campaign.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Blair lied to parliament and so was protected by parliamentary privilege.

The Leave campaign lied to the public even when the ONS pointed out they were making facts up. Funnily enough Farage was the only one who didn't lie about the amount
            , as he wasn't in the official Leave campaign.
            Farage lied about his lies.

Footage from BBC Question Time on 9 June – just weeks before the referendum – shows the Ukip leader claiming the available cash was higher than £350 million and saying money should be spent on hospitals and GPs.

“Can we just get to the truth of this - £350 million a week is wrong, it’s higher than that,” he told the programme’s audience.

Video evidence emerges of Nigel Farage pledging EU millions for NHS weeks before Brexit vote | The Independent

Last edited by Paddy; 8 November 2016, 00:06.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Or you know people formed their own opinion based on what they had seen/read for the previous 20 years?

I find it rather insulting that people think I based my vote on a few weeks campaigning by some people......

In fact i would probably go as far to say that anyone who tries to bring any sort of legal action against either the remain or exit campaigns should be told to get lost as they are obviously stupid.

Comment

More fool the idiots who didn't realise that Farage does not dictate government policy, is not party of the Conservative government and was nothing more than a mouthpiece.

More fool the Remainers for winding up the people, too, by patronising them.

But well done to the government on running yet another great divide and conquer scheme.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                X