• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Million mask march

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    It's bizarre.

These people just seem to regurgitate lines from the past without understanding what they are saying. As usual they target the Tories because that's what they have been brought up on.

But unemployment has been falling.
    Tax on the lowest incomes has been cut drastically (by Tories)
    A living wage will be introduced (by Tories)
    Every member of the Government was elected, including Theresa May. And the great thing about this country is they can be unelected too. The Tories were thrown out en masse in 97. New Liebour were thrown out en masse in 2010.

The bigger danger is from the Liberal elitists like Bliar and Branson as they slowly develop a ruling party and turn us into China.
    Unemployment figures are always manipulated by both sides. What constitutes employment and do they release figures for full-time employment (say 30+ hours per week) and how do those look?

People on the lowest incomes were already not paying tax, those taken outside tax under the Tories are the next group up. Splitting hairs for accuracy here, but what IS important is how the actual "take-home" for those on lower/lowest incomes has changed due to changes to tax credits and other benefits. You see claims that in real terms the poorest are loosing out but I've no idea if that is accurate. Clearly though, these are the ones to who even a small change makes a big difference.
    And then the whole issue of benefits sanctions and an "unsympathetic state" we keep hearing about. Isolated cases WILL ALWAYS slip through the cracks and the fact these are real lives doesn't change that - e.g. a cancer sufferer being taken off benefits because they had a chemo session when they were supposed to be at the dole office and it taking months to get it fixed, we all see these stories in the Guardian or on FB if we have socially aware friends who share all these things ad nauseum.
    My view is much of these issues are down to local government workers - an example of public sector workers doing bad jobs - rather than facsist Tory policies. But it still needs addressing.

The living wage is just a rebrand. You cannot say "we introduced a Living Wage", they just increased the NMW. Which is good IMO but it's not a LW.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Pretty restrained if it had been the French Police there would have been busted heads.

So was Angela available for work? How much does a train ticket from Wales cost? Or did she drive?
      They do free coach trips for demonstrations like this.

"They" being organisations like student unions, unions and even smaller organisations depending on what the demonstration is for. The only thing is you have to get up early which is why I never demonstrated as a student.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

"They" being organisations like student unions, unions and even smaller organisations depending on what the demonstration is for. The only thing is you have to get up early which is why I never demonstrated as a student.
        But she clearly wasn't available for work. Punish her.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I suspected as much.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            But she clearly wasn't available for work. Punish her.
            was tongue in cheek.

Comment

was tongue in cheek.
              That's not a punishment. Flay the workshy wench!
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                That's not a punishment. Flay the workshy wench!
                It is the way I do it

Comment

It is the way I do it
                  Ah, you use ox-tongue dear boy? Why didn't you say? My hearty contrafibularities.

Comment

Working...
                  X