• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another car thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Bit harsh on stek, without knowing what he looks like. It's only on the edge of Bolton and easily escapable without touching the residential area.
    I've met Stek and that's what I based my comment on

Walk in to the dealership in a suit and they think they are gonna get audited or something.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Is a pretty good idea, but without the tash.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        WTFH, yesterday....

The pink balloon burst before I went car shopping.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Another car thread

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          They also can't treat you like dirt for looking like you shouldn't really be in a Porsche garage.
          I wasn't wearing a cloth cap, but surely they would look and based on my apparent age/dress sense I am pushing towards a mid life crisis, therefore perfect fodder for their sales patter.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            I wasn't wearing a cloth cap, but surely they would look and based on my apparent age/dress sense I am pushing towards a mid life crisis, therefore perfect fodder for their sales patter.
            Did you believe that the Louboutin high heel shoes would help your cause, then?
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Did you believe that the Louboutin high heel shoes would help your cause, then?
              I have to tuck my, um, torque wrench, in somewhere.

Comment

Own a decade old 911 aka 996 Turbo S Cabriolet so when it goes in for servicing have a loaner.

Modern "911" is a lovely car and has more modern feel/ride etc. The Panamera is a great car with much more internal room for the rear passengars. The latter just feels a little bigger on the road.

I would never turn up at a clients with a Porsche and so have the garage queen and a typical german luxobarge. Do not work in IT nor Finance so "moneys tight" and do not want "how much are we paying xxxxx"

If could only have one car and not fear car-park-envy, the Pan would most certainly be right up there on the shortlist. Just about blends in with traffic. Decent size for occupants. Drives very well and hides it size and steers very well when being hussled. Naturally, it is more practical than the 911 whlilst keeping much of the style and performance associated with the marque. Fuel economy is not ridiculous either.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Worst experience I had was at Vauxhall in Bury. You'd think that the brand was suited to the town - both are suitably bland but I was interested in the Ampera at the time because of the potential savings of an electric vehicle and it looked like one of the nicer ones.
                  They couldn't believe anyone wanted something so stupid. Vauxhall sold less than 1300 in 3 years
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                  X