• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easing off the bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Just do what others do where they undersell themselves by tailoring the CV for the specific role. If your skill set covers it then it's not really lying.
    Excellent. Put forward. Now next to get an interview.

I'm actually hoping to get this gig, which pays £225 per day less than another I'm forward for, but one is 20 minutes away versus a minimum 3 hour per day round trip in London & loads of managing people.

Money no longer a driver.

MF in 'breaking the cardinal role of contracting' mode.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Good luck.

With reports elsewhere on here of hundreds applying for each role I too am thinking money is no longer a driver, and quality of life is. Time to do something else.

So thinking of setting up an agency website full of fake job and contract opportunities and charge the applicants a fiver to jump the queue. Only new plazzy fivers with those serial numbers that mugs will pay hundreds for on ebay of course.

I won't even require 2 references to get ahead of the competition.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

In unrelated news, a park bench was seen smiling with relief this morning.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
        X