• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The strange and slow death of CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"What are you doing Friday night" ;-))
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      IMO the brexit threads were the worst things I've seen on the forums since I joined. No way we could of gotten away from it though as people were having the same arguments in the office, pub, facebook etc Just a horrible time.
      This is what referenda cause, division.

It'll not go away any time soon.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You are just trying to wind me up aren't you????
        I'm worried now! My understanding was that a new clientco would reset the T&A expenses clock if it was more than one mile from the previous one.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I'm worried now! My understanding was that a new clientco would reset the T&A expenses clock if it was more than one mile from the previous one.
          Yep, and one mile judged by how far it actually takes to drive and park up, not as the crow flies.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            This is what referenda cause, division.

It'll not go away any time soon.
            My view was that it caused discussion

But then I guess it depends on your point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              My view was that it caused discussion

But then I guess it depends on your point of view.
              It certainly has caused discussion. Heated discussion. Some families are split down the middle. There are married couples now seeking separation because one of them was an immigrant generations ago and the partner makes no reservations about the feelings towards immigrants.

The referenda has given hatred a springboard from which to leap.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                It certainly has caused discussion. Heated discussion. Some families are split down the middle. There are married couples now seeking separation because one of them was an immigrant generations ago and the partner makes no reservations about the feelings towards immigrants.

The referenda has given hatred a springboard from which to leap.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Lies, lies and more damn lies: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...flict-betrayal
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Assuming you're serious, the journey has to be substantially different. Which is subjective, but a couple of miles isn't likely to cut it in most instances.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Yes well this idea that it's okay to sulk because someone disagreed with you seems to be a core pro EU stance.

Comment

Working...
                      X