• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Allardyce sacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Exposing a crook?

Football is a clean game, and long may it stay that way
    What's he actually done though?

Suggested that the FA's rules are full of holes?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Don't worry he'll be a shoe in for FIFA President

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
        Don't worry he'll be a shoe in for FIFA President
        Until he tells someone that FIFA's corrupt and he can help the get the World Cup
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          What's he actually done though?

Suggested that the FA's rules are full of holes?
          My thoughts exactly -- he just took on a consultancy role where by he was paid for showing people loopholes.

If that was a sackable offence would we not have lots of out of work accountants?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            My thoughts exactly -- he just took on a consultancy role where by he was paid for showing people loopholes.

If that was a sackable offence would we not have lots of out of work accountants?
            He's slagged off a former England manager in private - the error of judgement was to do it to people he didn't know.

He took a paid advisory role - how many non-executive directors do them same?

He explained that the FA's third party ownership rules are flawed; but he made sure that Enner Valencia was 100% West Ham's player as part of that transfer, so he can't be done for that.

As a nation, we do seem intent on our own self-destruction and if they don't cock it up for themselves, the press dive in to facilitate.

Comment

Maybe a good thing since we've been spared getting knocked out in Russia in 22 months' time by Botswana (after extra time of course, those plucky Botswanans).

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                He's slagged off a former England manager in private - the error of judgement was to do it to people he didn't know.

He took a paid advisory role - how many non-executive directors do them same?

He explained that the FA's third party ownership rules are flawed; but he made sure that Enner Valencia was 100% West Ham's player as part of that transfer, so he can't be done for that.

As a nation, we do seem intent on our own self-destruction and if they don't cock it up for themselves, the press dive in to facilitate.
                Exactly.

Comment

You'd think for all our hugely disproportionate success across so many sports at the Olympics AND Paralypics, we might actually be able to be competent at the most popular sport in the country... I'm not a big football fan but it's a bit sad. Our other national sports of cricket and rugby both enjoy pretty consistent success as "world powers".
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

In reply to those people who say what has he done wrong, in my eyes he was telling people how to cheat the system, which to my mind also makes him a cheat and not suitable to be in charge of our national team. The FA should have sacked him on the spot without a penny in compensation, but they're a bunch of weak lily livered tossers so they end up giving him a 7-figure payoff. God!

And as for his so-called apology cum explanation, claiming that it was entrapment that had won, what a load of bull. He knew exactly what he was doing, it's all there in his own words. I can only imagine how tight his sphincter became at the moment he realised he'd been "stung".

When they took him on I told my missus that the FA would regret it, but I didn't think it would happen this quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                      In reply to those people who say what has he done wrong, in my eyes he was telling people how to cheat the system, which to my mind also makes him a cheat and not suitable to be in charge of our national team. The FA should have sacked him on the spot without a penny in compensation, but they're a bunch of weak lily livered tossers so they end up giving him a 7-figure payoff. God!

And as for his so-called apology cum explanation, claiming that it was entrapment that had won, what a load of bull. He knew exactly what he was doing, it's all there in his own words. I can only imagine how tight his sphincter became at the moment he realised he'd been "stung".

When they took him on I told my missus that the FA would regret it, but I didn't think it would happen this quickly.
                      Probably true

but Southgate ifs

I'm gonna get my CV in the pot

Comment

Working...
                      X