• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Allardyce sacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You'd think for all our hugely disproportionate success across so many sports at the Olympics AND Paralypics, we might actually be able to be competent at the most popular sport in the country... I'm not a big football fan but it's a bit sad. Our other national sports of cricket and rugby both enjoy pretty consistent success as "world powers".
    It helps that most of the rest of the world don't actually play rugby and cricket.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      It helps that most of the rest of the world don't actually play rugby and cricket.
      Not only that but I think South Africa, New Zealand and Australia would question our status as a rugby world power!

It's only recently in cricket we've stopped being the Aussie's source of amusement too.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        We went out on penalties to the hosts in the quarters in 2004.

Lost to Portugal again on penalties in the quarters in 2006.

Hodgson then developed a fixation with Wilshere and Liverpool players, neither of which were up to standard. We've had players played out of position and generally players who looked like they have lacked passion on the pitch, barring Rooney and a couple of others. The FA arguably needs a top to bottom shakedown to get the blazer brigade out and move forwards.
        Wilshere, when fit, is world class. Unfortunately, he's usually about as fit as I am, and as of this week, I'm 47. And not very fit.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Not only that but I think South Africa, New Zealand and Australia would question our status as a rugby world power!

It's only recently in cricket we've stopped being the Aussie's source of amusement too.
          Rugby is played in quite a large number of nations. OK cricket is a bit niche. Just because you don't win every tournament, doesn't mean you're not still one of the big teams.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Wilshere, when fit, is world class. Unfortunately, he's usually about as fit as I am, and as of this week, I'm 47. And not very fit.
            I'd still pick you to play ahead of him...

Comment

Rugby is played in quite a large number of nations. OK cricket is a bit niche. Just because you don't win every tournament, doesn't mean you're not still one of the big teams.
              We've won as many rugby world cups as we have football world cups. Puts it into perspective.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Just because you don't win every tournament, doesn't mean you're not still one of the big teams.
                Tell that to the Italians, Germans, Brazilians and even the French and Spanish, all of whom have won multiple tournaments since England last even got to the Final of one.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Tell that to the Italians, Germans, Brazilians and even the French and Spanish, all of whom have won multiple tournaments since England last even got to the Final of one.
                  Fear not we have Gareth Southgate

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                    Fear not we have Gareth Southgate
                    That will send the Pizza Hut share price skyrocketing!!

Last edited by shaunbhoy; 29 September 2016, 13:40.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      More to the point, it's far easier to get to the final of the rugby world cup for us. We've won once, runner up twice, comprehensively out-played on both losing occasions. While we had more possession and territory against South Africa, we were undone by poor lineouts and other errors.

Comment

Working...
                      X