• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap 4x4?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I need a 4x4 for towing a small boat.

Anything I spend on it comes off my boat budget so ideally I don't want to spend more than £5k

I won't be doing long distances but need something a bit more comfortable than a Land Rover that can seat five.

I used to have a Mitsubishi L200 Crew Cab a few years ago. Any alternatives?
    A bit over budget but what the hell.

Tomcat Motorsport - For Sale

Take the spare wheel off and you'll get three in the back.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

To me that's not silly, that's more like it!
      Actually, if you fancy a bit of class...
      Last edited by malvolio; 21 September 2016, 11:50.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Toyota Hi-Lux. 1000000 Africans can't be wrong?
        (This isn't racist, I am one)
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Yep. Bung on one of my plates on retention, a quick machine polish and away I go.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

can't believe nobody has made the Ulrika Johnson gag

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              You might want to be careful posting links based on a postcode search.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I need a 4x4 for towing a small boat.

Anything I spend on it comes off my boat budget so ideally I don't want to spend more than £5k

I won't be doing long distances but need something a bit more comfortable than a Land Rover that can seat five.

I used to have a Mitsubishi L200 Crew Cab a few years ago. Any alternatives?
                How small a boat?

I used to have a Landie to tow a 27' Fjord which was fine, and I recently got rid of a disco 2 which is probably the ultimate tow vehicle - mine was a v8 petrol which was lovely to drive but only did 17 to the gallon but a mate bought it and it doubles up as a luxury business vehicle and a tractor on his other half's horsey place. Have pulled at least four tonnes of grapes with it and you'd hardly know that they were there but it's overkill if you are just pulling a little speedboat or a trailer sailer- maybe something like the Audi all-road for that? Or a Freelander will give reasonable economy and pull a couple of tonnes happily.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  You might want to be careful posting links based on a postcode search.
                  Difficult with Autotrader. Not my postcode though...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Do you definitely need a 4x4 for this? Are you thinking for the towing in general, or are you thinking about launching from beaches and other tricky places? I've seen people launch and tow boats using regular cars a lot.

Unless you need a winch?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

About £5K - Tick
                      4x4 - Tick
                      Polar Bear / Tight Wad Friendly - Tick

Fiat PANDA 4 X 4 HATCHBACK 5-DOOR 0.9 TwinAir 4X4 (85bhp) 5dr

Can tow a boat - Tick

Comment

Working...
                      X