• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wot motor yer driving?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still got my Jag XF, can get over 65mpg out of it if I want to go at 60-65 on the motorway.

Going to hang on to it until the new Caymans come on the second hand market at a sensible price or there's a great offer on a 13-15 plate one.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      20 year old 3 series. Owned from new.

Just clocked 50,0002 miles.

Yes, it's taken a while.
      Good man. I had an 18-year-old C-Class Merc with 144K, but only owned it for five years. It was built in the duff years and rusted underneath like a 70s Japmobile. My Mum bought a three-year-old S-Class Merc using it for the next 17 years. It got to 200K before it waved the white flag. I love bangonomics.

Comment

Contracting is not what it used to be judging by the motors folks are driving.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          They're just posh.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            As motorway trouser fillers go, you could do worse than 360.

I'd rather that than 180 or, worse still, 270!
            Depends very much on which of the 360s you're talking about as well.

Comment

Mercedes 208 CDi
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Perhaps most others have realised it's not worth spending gazillions on a flash car for no good reason.

I'm struggling to stop myself buying back the very same Corrado I used to own in my child free days. I am pretty sure I don't need a second car.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Perhaps most others have realised it's not worth spending gazillions on a flash car for no good reason.

I'm struggling to stop myself buying back the very same Corrado I used to own in my child free days. I am pretty sure I don't need a second car.
                  Once the kids have moved out, we don't need a four seater per se, we simply need something for tip runs, Ikea collecting, and other things like that.

Sporty number for weekends and workhorse for during the week if I've got a "drive to" client.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Ohh that's a great car. Forgetting the lights, the body shape can still give most cars on the market a run for it's money unlike other ones of the era that look decidedly dated. Get a good one and look after it I am sure the price is going to start going up for them soon. Good be a good investment and a bit of throwback fun.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Ohh that's a great car. Forgetting the lights, the body shape can still give most cars on the market a run for it's money unlike other ones of the era that look decidedly dated. Get a good one and look after it I am sure the price is going to start going up for them soon. Good be a good investment and a bit of throwback fun.

I had one for a few years, I got rid of it about 12 years ago I think. An enthusiast bought it - I regretted selling it ever since. He's had a lot of work done to it and is now selling it again. I'm properly tempted. It was the funnest car I've ever had.
                      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X