• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please lord, just that one AppStore idea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Too difficult, could you give me the idea plus the source code and other bits also ?

Code:
          program Got_Signal
          implicit none 
    c
          character*32 text 
    c
          text = 'Got Signal?'
          write (*,*) text 
    c
          end

This was as far as I got.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Code:
            program Got_Signal
            implicit none 
      c
            character*32 text 
      c
            text = 'Got Signal?'
            write (*,*) text 
      c
            end

This was as far as I got.
      Given that the biggest battery drain I know on an iPhone is when it's hunting for a signal why would you want an app which would consume additional resources when it's hunting
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Given that the biggest battery drain I know on an iPhone is when it's hunting for a signal why would you want an app which would consume additional resources when it's hunting
        Spite.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
          and one that hasn't already been done. I'm talking something as innovative and simple as Tetris, Fruit Ninja, Angry Turds, Doodle Jump, Candy Crush, etc. One that will stick at the top of the charts for years on end and get me out of this contracting game!

All I need is the one idea!

Amen.
          You need more than the idea.

You need to successfully market it too.

I haven't ever written an app but I did once put together a niche website that I thought had good monetisation options.

Fact of the matter is, when you're relying on organic SEO to generate traffic, the amount of micromanagement you have to do for very little return is just too much hassle; generating incoming links from other sites, Facebook likes, Twitter etc.

Comment

Working...
          X