• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Runaway to ISIS school girl dead

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Exactly, which is why a bunch of balding middle aged jaded IT contractors shouldn't be gloating over the fact that a 16 year old girl was coerced and manipulated and is now dead. Human sympathy really is in short supply on here
    Let us know how much Human Sympathy pays per hour and we'll consider it.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Last edited by minestrone; 13 August 2016, 14:45.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
        Exactly, which is why a bunch of balding middle aged jaded IT contractors shouldn't be gloating over the fact that a 16 year old girl was coerced and manipulated and is now dead. Human sympathy really is in short supply on here
        No one is gloating, no thinks it's great she is dead.

However although a 16 year old is naive in many ways you would struggle to find many who feel running away to marry an ISIS freedom fighter who openly wish to attack the country you lived in and therefore by association hundreds of people you know is a good life plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
          Yep, almost like they've practised.

It's only one plane flight that can be booked online, grab a bag and go. I'm sure it's not hard to convince a 16 year old how much fun it would be. Almost like a holiday.

That's why they're still kids, they don't have the life experience in order to know exactly what's going to happen.

Hell, when I was 16 I thought I was the dogs bollocks and nothing would ever happen. I'd never get fat and lose my hair. Well, lesson learned.
          Oh really, that's almost as bad as that oft spouted lefty, progressive claptrap in which the Bulger killers are touted as helpless victims who didn't know that what they were doing was wrong
          Last edited by Malcolm Buggeridge; 12 August 2016, 18:36.

Comment

Can't claim to be ignorant of the consequences if you are/were a 'straight A student' as is reported. Sympathy? Nah, I'll save that for deserving causes
            I get up...

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
              Oh really, that's almost as bad as that oft spouted lefty, progressive claptrap in which the Bulger killers are touted as helpless victims who didn't know that what they were doing was wrong
              I always wonder what kind of family environment they were brought up in simply because kids that age normally copy the behaviour of adults and older teenagers around them.

I remember going to a wedding where there was a kids table in an alcove and the kids were basically left to it with two adult male chaperones.

It started with the older girls but within 20 minutes every kid over 10 was looking after a younger kid.

Then half an hour later every kid over 6 was looking after or more likely trying to look after a kid younger than themselves.

I only looked in because the guys couldn't cope and one came out looking visibly distressed. The younger kids where running around with their carer(s) trying to get them to eat and drink.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
                Yep, almost like they've practised.

It's only one plane flight that can be booked online, grab a bag and go. I'm sure it's not hard to convince a 16 year old how much fun it would be. Almost like a holiday.

That's why they're still kids, they don't have the life experience in order to know exactly what's going to happen.

Hell, when I was 16 I thought I was the dogs bollocks and nothing would ever happen. I'd never get fat and lose my hair. Well, lesson learned.
                Something to bear in mind next time some idiot starts calling for the voting age to be lowered.
                And as for sympathy, you'll find it in the dictionary between sh1t and syphilis
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  And what's the deal with the YouTube embed being fecked?

The clip was Morgan Freedman in Shawshank Redemption at his parole meeting.

There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then, a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I wanna talk to him. I wanna try to talk some sense to him -- tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I gotta live with that.

Comment

There was a young girl called Sultana
                    Who thought that IS was nirvana
                    But that was just shyte
                    And so leave! She just might
                    Till the Russians turned up and napalmed her

Comment

I'm not very impressed by many on this thread.

The young girl was 16, she was naive and impressionable, as I was at that age.

My mistakes were not as large or as fatal, and I'm saddened that there are many on this forum who are happy to say 'good riddance' to such a young life.

This thread is now closed.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X