• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to do if you just started a contract and want out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Each bad project is an opportunity for self improvement.
    That's exactly what Suity has been telling himself for years
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      At my current gig, I replaced a contractor who'd decided he wanted out because he didn't like working away from home. I think he'd been there about a month, and the project is supposed to run to about the end of the year, but that worked for him as a get-out clause.

Of course if you live next-door-but-one to your client that particular line may not work for you, but the point is you can probably find something that sounds reasonable and allows you to make your excuses and leave while diplomatically avoiding the "This place sucks donkey balls, I'm off" approach
      Yep, the homesick card can be played, but it does limit future gigs somewhat.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Don't worry. I'll be back in the saddle in October. Rest assure the cavalry is coming.
      We're not worried, but the horses are crapping themselves.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        That's exactly what Suity has been telling himself for years
        I've never found Suity to be an opportunity for self-improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          I've never found Suity to be an opportunity for self-improvement.
          Persevere, I hear he's a slow burner
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            NF saying Donkey Balls in the forum kinda tickles me. Maybe you've got to meet him for it to make sense
            ok two questions

1. How do you know what Donkey Balls look like well enough to identify them on their own.
            2. How well do you know NF?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Don't worry. I'll be back in the saddle in October. Rest assure the cavalry is coming.
              Hopefully you will kick off a Richard Cranium style thread that will fascinate us for hours
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                ok two questions

1. How do you know what Donkey Balls look like well enough to identify them on their own.
                You never went to Blackpool as a kid then, clearly.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  You never went to Blackpool as a kid then, clearly.
                  nope soft southerner me
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    ok two questions

Well I know him from here and I've met him and he looks the perfect well educated gentleman. You wouldn't imagine Donkey Balls are in his vocabulary so it's amusing to see him use it on here. It's like meeting TestMangler and then seeing him string a sentence on here that doesn't contain the F or C bomb.

And number 1?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=northernladuk;2294526]Well I know him from here and I've met him and he looks the perfect well educated gentleman. You wouldn't imagine Donkey Balls are in his vocabulary so it's amusing to see him use it on here. It's like meeting TestMangler and then seeing him string a sentence on here that doesn't contain the F or C bomb.

And number 1?

He should really be more side on - mules kick when their balls are grabbed.

Incidentally, the best way to shag a sheep is at the edge of a cliff with their hooves in your wellies - it is all about the kick-back and traction.

Comment

Working...
                      X