• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to do if you just started a contract and want out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And number 1?

He should really be more side on - mules kick when their balls are grabbed.

Incidentally, the best way to shag a sheep is at the edge of a cliff with their hooves in your wellies - it is all about the kick-back and traction
    TMI
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for the input. This contract definitely will end up being a waste of time but I can see the benefits of sticking it out and then moving on once it's done. I have spoken to other contractors who have bailed soon into a contract but that's just a limited sample, and clearly it's generally not the done thing unless there is a really serious reason.

I also like how this thread didn't take long to take a tangent into donkey balls and sheep shagging. I leave that to you guys, the experts. I'm from Canada and we prefer moose there. Definitely more of a challenge.

Also, someone said this wasn't the right place to post this. So where is?

Comment

Originally posted by sharepointguy View Post
        Hey guys,

Thanks for the input. This contract definitely will end up being a waste of time but I can see the benefits of sticking it out and then moving on once it's done. I have spoken to other contractors who have bailed soon into a contract but that's just a limited sample, and clearly it's generally not the done thing unless there is a really serious reason.

I also like how this thread didn't take long to take a tangent into donkey balls and sheep shagging. I leave that to you guys, the experts. I'm from Canada and we prefer moose there. Definitely more of a challenge.

Moose? Now you're talking. Tipping my hat to you for even trying that one. Most of the wannabes on here sh1t themselves at the sight of a horny goat, so well done.
        To answer your serious Q, check out the sub-forums (Business/Contracts) and (Accountancy/Legal). Your situation may well straddle both (contract issue plus legal issue) but you will get far more sympathetic treatment there.

Good luck.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Hey guys,

If you don't want things to go off topic and require no advice on moose-moistening, then posting this sort of question in the contracts area is far safer. General invites tangents and innuendo, as Mordac's hint at straddling moose alludes to.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Don't worry. I'll be back in the saddle in October. Rest assure the cavalry is coming.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I'm from Canada and we prefer moose there. Definitely more of a challenge.
              I have a feeling, you will fit in here just fine
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
              X