• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Byron Burgers are on me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    It does seem to me that they just get rid of people when it's easy to make up the numbers. Been various cases I recall, including a model and a footballer with major contracts, who were doing well in the UK. Since they probably can't get rid of them all, they should concentrate on the criminals or low performers. Reform the current human rights crap if necessary.
    Well it's all tick-box now in immigration, no tick, no stay.

This couple came as students, which confers no permanent right to remain expect under 10 yea legal stay rule but students are capped at 5 years study to stop the perennial student loophole.

They hoped to switch to Post study Work visa after, but then it was withdrawn, as many visa schemes are, can't rely on them, and in any case again confers no right to permanent residency. Tough titty.

What they should have done (and probably tried to do) is find a T2 sponsor but lets face it, how can you justify employing a foreign student over an experienced local person? They didn't find one so off they must go, except they are dragging it on using the kids Gaelic education as a lever.

They don't tick the boxes, simple as.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Well it's all tick-box now in immigration, no tick, no stay.

This couple came as students, which confers no permanent right to remain expect under 10 yea legal stay rule but students are capped at 5 years study to stop the perennial student loophole.

They hoped to switch to Post study Work visa after, but then it was withdrawn, as many visa schemes are, can't rely on them, and in any case again confers no right to permanent residency. Tough titty.

What they should have done (and probably tried to do) is find a T2 sponsor but lets face it, how can you justify employing a foreign student over an experienced local person? They didn't find one so off they must go, except they are dragging it on using the kids Gaelic education as a lever.

They don't tick the boxes, simple as.
      Indeed - keep it simple and nobody can complain.....

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
        Stopped reading after that as it's obviously all made up ...
        I thought you were my friend
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          I thought you were deranged
          FTFY
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X