• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merged thread concerning attacks in Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Sorry!

Funny thing is, in the local press it originally said he lived on Church Lane, now changed to "he has friends who".
    its the Mail!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      It says its not for terrorist offences.
      It quotes exact numbers.

or are we supposed to believe the Police just prosecute more Muslims and manage to convince juries they are wrong uns?
      Yes, it says not for terror offences. Yes, it quotes exact numbers.

But it doesn't say what they were imprisoned for; are there cultural differences where there needs to be some sort of education via mosques? Something like, you may be muslim but this isn't a muslim country, so you'll be tried under UK law, not sharia jurisprudence.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Yes, it says not for terror offences. Yes, it quotes exact numbers.

But it doesn't say what they were imprisoned for; are there cultural differences where there needs to be some sort of education via mosques? Something like, you may be muslim but this isn't a muslim country, so you'll be tried under UK law, not sharia jurisprudence.
        Its not like you go to prison for leaving the toilet seat up.

To get there they have done something that is pretty unpleasant I don't care if its legal in their home country.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Finally having the bottle to bring the Rochdale, Rotherham and other paedophile rings to justice will have "boosted" numbers
          Men with these tendencies in every society, look at the mainly white RC priests for example, but, out of fear of appearing racist, our authorities did nothing until the problem got too large to ignore. It should have been tackled when there were just a few cases and then, because they were not getting away with it, fewer would have tried it on. Allowing the problem to grow increased racism.

Political correctness by our authorities and the liberal left, by casting genuine concerns as xenophobia or racism, are far more responsible for real racism than the far right. If genuine concerns are not tackled resentment only grows. If people are denounced as xenophobic for voicing concerns in a reasonable manner they will eventually decide there is no point in being reasonable.

If you want to reduce racism make sure that any migrants we get are high performers whose contribution outweighs the pressures they add to our resources. I doubt most UKIP supporters care what race/colour someone is, they do care if they are a threat or being subsidised by their taxes.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 25 July 2016, 11:50.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            If you mean moral rather than legal, I disagree with 1st sentence. In a world of over 7bn people, many in poor, repressive or conflict ridden societies, there must be limits if we do not want to destroy our own society.

Obviously, we can't fully check those we do take but we should get rid of those who are significant danger. Why is it right to protect somebody from risk of harm and then wrong to protect our own citizens from risk of harm?
            We have a moral duty to NOT let them in.

Comment

If Germany did not chicken out at dealing with Assad back in 2011 then this would not have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Its not like you go to prison for leaving the toilet seat up.

To get there they have done something that is pretty unpleasant I don't care if its legal in their home country.
                Yes they do. You appear to be missing the point and so are the BBC. Understanding what they are getting jailed for would help keep them out of jail if they are told that they can't behave like that over here. Deportation should be an option rather than jail too.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Deportation should be an option rather than jail too.
                  Not much use if the perps are UK born, unless we deport them to the Isle of Wight, Anglesey, or Outer Hebrides after setting them up Escape From New York style.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                    Not much use if the perps are UK born, unless we deport them to the Isle of Wight, Anglesey, or Outer Hebrides after setting them up Escape From New York style.
                    If they want to live by sharia law, they can have a one-way ticket to a state that is governed by it.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                      We have a moral duty to NOT let them in.
                      So all those Jews fleeing Hitler should not have been let into other countries?

All the dissidents fleeing Stalin should not have been let into countries?

All those US citizens fleeing the McCarthy regime shouldn't have been let into other countries?
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X