• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Not at all. Emigration should be controlled and it must be reciprocal. It’s not right to get people who have lived in the UK for 15 years to go home, nor is it right to hit them over the head with a plank of wood.
    If it is not reciprocal then it is racist is it? You have accused people who want to control our borders of being racist. Now you are saying that we should control our borders through reciprocal arrangements. Whatever way you look at it you are advocating a level of border control which essentially makes you a racist.

This is how I see the argument from the remainers:

1. The UK should have reciprocal migration policies with other countries - those within the EU. This of course means that we still have border controls with other countries (most of them). Apparently Brexiteers are racists because we also believe in border controls albeit with different rules to remainers. Which ever way you turn it both groups (remainers and brexiteers) want border controls only our (brexiteer) version is racist whilst theirs (which discriminates against 80 of the countries of the world ) is not.

I am struggling to see the logic on this one.

If the racist argument was to have any integrity at all it would have to mean that the UK borders are open to everyone. I doubt the little turds in the remain camp would want to try and argue that one.
    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 29 October 2016, 16:29.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

And with that, I think this thread has run its course.

Feel free to start another one.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
      X