• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Can you show some evidence to back up that assertion that we can't negotiate a deal with Australia before we finally leave the EU.

Sorry but I need proof before I can believe anything a contract breaking muppet states is true...
    Well, the Aussies say we can't. Is that good enough?
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/au...t-eu-k7t6z3n60

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...709792718e3b90
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Can you show some evidence to back up that assertion that we can't negotiate a deal with Australia before we finally leave the EU.

Sorry but I need proof before I can believe anything a contract breaking muppet states is true...
      The amount of time he spends here I do not believe he has a contract
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Nissan to build new models in Sunderland - BBC News

Oh gloomy gloomy gloomy!!

UK economy grows 0.5% in three months after Brexit vote - BBC News

Oh woe is me!!

GDP data triggers spike in pound - BBC News

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The spike was short lived... now a nose dive..

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GBPEUR=X
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Indeed, sadly the only muppets around are the ones pontificating new trade deals.

Brexit: Australia rules out starting trade negotiations with UK until it leaves EU | The Independent

The US has also declined to negotiate. I doubt the UK will find anyone to negotiate until the EU gives the green light. Quite right too, if you sign an international agreement you should abide by it, and the agreement is quite clear, no negotiations until the UK has left the EU. If you don't like the agreement you shouldn't sign up.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 27 October 2016, 15:18.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

"How about the fact that the taxpayer is on the hook for any tariffs over and above what Nissan would otherwise be charged?"
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Slam dunk proof Wrexiters din't even know what the EU was before voting to leave it.
                I didn't vote to leave. I voted to stay.

But that's not my question. My question is why is it illegal? Under whose jurisdiction and what is the penalty?

There are lots of things that should be illegal and are, some that shouldn't be illegal and are, and some that are legal and shouldn't be.

Why is negotiating a new trade deal between two countries illegal? Why should it be? Given that most of the world thinks that encouraging trade and cooperation is a good thing it seems to be odd to decide that negotiation between two sovereign nations should be "illegal".

Comment

"How about the fact that the taxpayer is on the hook for any tariffs over and above what Nissan would otherwise be charged?"
                  You're having a bad day, aren't you. All that positive news. Must hurt.

As the biggest consumer of Vauxhall cars in the EU it would be an interesting decision to move production away, thus increasing costs due to Sterling and possible tariffs.

And in terms of subsidies, anything going to Nissan is just a continuation.

Comment

Slam dunk proof Wrexiters din't even know what the EU was before voting to leave it.
                    So we had one muppet on earlier stating we hadn't lost sovereignty. And now we have a different muppet telling us we can't negotiate because it's illegal.

Tell someone who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                      So we had one muppet on earlier stating we hadn't lost sovereignty. And now we have a different muppet telling us we can't negotiate because it's illegal.

Tell someone who cares.
                      It's too much for you to understand, isn't it?

We're still in the EU. (For at least 3 more years)
                      We still have free trade with the EU.
                      The laws that our elected officials voted for mean that no country within the EU can negotiate trade deals on its own.
                      Our own elected people vote for that. Not some unelected civil servants in Whitehall.

There's even a helpful document on the europa.eu website detailing how trade negotiations are carried out.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X