• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Not everyone wants or aspires to driving a high-quality car. Me for example. I drive a Zafira. I had my last one for 10 years until it fell to bits and the current one for 1 year so far ( 9 more years of ownership to go ).
    This is possibly the saddest thing I've read all year.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      This is possibly the saddest thing I've read all year.
      Really? I've read some pretty awful stuff about Syria in the last few months.

But hey, I cannot express how dull and tedious I find cars, they are just not my thing. Mine is a bin on wheels ... and that's the way I like it.

But this is probably a discussion for another thread ( not that I would join in one on the topic of cars ).

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
        Really? I've read some pretty awful stuff about Syria in the last few months.

But hey, I cannot express how dull and tedious I find cars, they are just not my thing. Mine is a bin on wheels ... and that's the way I like it.

But this is probably a discussion for another thread ( not that I would join in one on the topic of cars ).
        Bangernomics as practiced by people with really big todgers!

The Mighty Mondeo passed its MOT first time again!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

******* ding dong! Our Peugeot 5008 bus continues strong.

Comment

Originally posted by ClothCap View Post
            Wetherspoons just opened has it?
            Waxy O’Connors
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Before Scooterscot posts this in a fit of excitement:

Nissan to build new models in Sunderland - BBC

Wrexiters my hairy harris.

Comment

Belgique accepte d'UE-Canada accord commercial
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Are you suggesting that people who are obsessed with cars and for example have an expensive German make sitting on the drive are really just covering up for their own inadequacies?

That these people somehow measure their self-worth by the car they drive? And that they aspire to the fake lifestyles portrayed in countless TV car ads?

Believing that having a "better" car somehow makes them a better person, who's opinions are worth more than someone with a "worse" car ( or heaven forbid - no car at all! )

What a strange world we live in.

.... now I must go and fawn over the latest iDevice.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    Belgique accepte d'UE-Canada accord commercial
                    So the Canadian's have accepted unrestricted free movement of people?

Comment

There's a good degree of inverted snobbery about an old motor. I like the fact I paid £1550 (plus another £1K tinkering) for a Merc that someone else paid over £40K plus. Admittedly I do a bit of work like servicing myself to keep in with bangernomic ethic and to save a few bob. Does it make me a better person - of course not.

Comment

Working...
                      X