• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the idea is to not give anyone a vote as they know what would happen.

I think we will have individual trade deals with EU countries.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post

I think we will have individual trade deals with EU countries.
      FFS Are you Original PM's equally retarded twin?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...pointment.html

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
        Endless petty bleating deleted
        If ONLY anyone remotely gave a fook what you think eh?

Referendum Day +21 and still the result hasn't permeated the darkest depths of your miniscule brain!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

FFS Are you Original PM's equally retarded twin?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...pointment.html
          And why is that? Because the current EU 'rules' say we can't?

I wonder how long that will last for.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            Machines, engines, pumps: US$63.9 billion (13.9% of total exports)
            Gems, precious metals: $53 billion (11.5%)
            Vehicles: $50.7 billion (11%)
            Pharmaceuticals: $36 billion (7.8%)
            Oil: $33.2 billion (7.2%)
            Electronic equipment: $29 billion (6.3%)
            Aircraft, spacecraft: $18.9 billion (4.1%)
            Medical, technical equipment: $18.4 billion (4%)
            Organic chemicals: $14 billion (3%)
            Plastics: $11.8 billion (2.6%)

Aircraft and spacecraft were the fastest-growing among the top 10 export categories, up 18.2% for the 5-year period starting in 2011.

In second place for improving export sales vehicles which were up 10.2% led by cars and work trucks.

UK pharmaceuticals posted the third-fastest gain in value at 8.4%.

United Kingdom’s Top 10 Exports
            Bearing in mind that is the top 10 of the 21.5% of exports that is goods, so:

Machines, engines, pumps: US$63.9 billion (13.9% of total goods exports or 3% of total exports)

Comment

And why is that? Because the current EU 'rules' say we can't?

I wonder how long that will last for.
              Because the EU rules say that those individual EU member states can't, just like Wales can't strike their own trade agreements with other countries.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
                Because the EU rules say that those individual EU member states can't, just like Wales can't strike their own trade agreements with other countries.
                I say again. The EU rules say no negotiation before article 50 but that's been broken.

If Wales wanted to negotiate independently they would try. It's what Scotland is attempting!

Comment

Thoughtful article here from the Standard City editor - would appreciate an intelligent Brexiteer response, if such a thing exists.

From the article:
                  "... leading Brexit economist Patrick Minford was close to the mark when he said before the vote that he expected manufacturing and agriculture to disappear once we left the EU."

And he thought that was OK?

What does the UK have to sell following the Brexit vote? | Business | London Evening Standard
                  Well we could harvest the organs of whining, sour losers like yourself and market those, there's a desperate need for them. I'm sure even the EU would cut a deal if it shut the likes of you up.

I would have suggested the same for the Scots who bleated incessantly over their referendum, but the Buckfast, "Export" lager and deep fried diet would render many almost as useless as their current owners.

Comment

One for the Brexiters - What have we got to sell after Brexit?

After some of the crap I've had to wade through from you recently, I wouldn't rely on you being able to sell your brain to medical science if I were you. They'll almost certainly ask for a refund...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I say again. The EU rules say no negotiation before article 50 but that's been broken.

If Wales wanted to negotiate independently they would try. It's what Scotland is attempting!
                      In what way has it been broken? You have written it several times over but never explained what you mean.

Scotland has not attempted to negotiate. They have merely scouted their options for EU membership in the case they would decide to split from the UK and become an independent nation.

Comment

Working...
                      X