• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scooterscot
    replied
    The morning after..

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Thanks. I was looking for one of those.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    All that's left to us is to prevent the virus from jumping the Channel and infecting the Continent.

Honestly, what a load of cobblers! If the EU really were the paragon that it's leadership pretend it is then they would have nothing to fear from any individual nation opting out.
    What may have started out as a pragmatic economic union, forged in the mutual interests of all member states, has long since spiralled out of any form of sensible partnership.
    A federalist mish-mash of failing economies, all being propped up by ever fewer economic success stories, and rapidly heading towards the buffers.
    I suppose it may appeal to the easily-led, and those too skittish and blinkered to envision any other model, but in reality it is just an enormous and failing portrayal of the Emperor's new clothes.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    If that doesn't go viral there's no justice in the world.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    If that doesn't go viral there's no justice in the world.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You should so put that on the side of a bus.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    OK. So the tariffs are irrelevant to the average consumer. But I would really like to know what is costing me more because of EU applied tariffs - then I could make an informed decision about whether I want to purchase the item.

Obviously the depreciation in sterling helps exporters but hurts consumers/importers. I can live with that. Rebalancing of the UK economy from consumption to production is way overdue.

The moral of the story is : If you want to thrive in post-BREXIT Britain don't be a whiner be a maker and not a consumer.
    You should so put that on the side of a bus.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Same here in Denmark, they just think we are arrogant Brits clinging on to our Imperialistic past thinking we'll rule the World again when freed from a relatively inexpensive free trade area...Instead of being the first country to escape from a federal superstate we were duped into joining
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Pound has crashed should be expected.
    Not quite. The previous 15" macbook pro started from $1999 now its $2399.

Given what the top of the range Dell Precision 7510 I'm typing this on cost that's a bit too much. And my only complaint with it is the time it takes to check 48gb of RAM when it posts.

But good try blaming Brexit when the problem is visible if you look at the $ price...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    +1

Time to start looking more closely at the Microsoft Surface I'm afraid...
    Pound has crashed should be expected.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X