• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darmstadt
    replied
    Oi, Brexit thickos, from that very same conference:

“Article50 will not be triggered by the end of March” – Rt Hon Dominic Grieve QC MP
    So when is it to be?

Brexit means stupid - so who voted for this? - Fleet Street Fox - Mirror Online

Leave a comment:

• SunnyInHades
    replied
    May ducks the punch and counters with a devastating left hook...

"Corporation Tax to be HALVED to persuade banks to stay in UK"
    "from 20 per cent to 10 per cent"

Theresa May to cut corporation tax by half to persuade banks to stay in UK | UK | News | Daily Express

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I am sure that they keep you in the loop. After all, what every major financial institution always has to keep uppermost in it's mind when strategy planning is to appraise the local Big Issue seller just what direction they are going in.

I think he is crying out for help and wants to come home but knows he can't get a job here. Poor sod.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    BTW, as I'm actually on the ground in Frankfurt, I can tell that things are already happening here...
    I am sure that they keep you in the loop. After all, what every major financial institution always has to keep uppermost in it's mind when strategy planning is to appraise the local Big Issue seller just what direction they are going in.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    But he didn't say that did he, therefore it's irrelevant what you say. BTW, as I'm actually on the ground in Frankfurt, I can tell that things are already happening here...
    You've been to the loo? Does that mean you'll stop spouting as much tulipe as usual?

The clue was in the article. '...a few jobs'.

Do you read anything else?

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    And how do you know that? It doesn't mention it in that article so once again, like a good Brexiter, you're making things up
    Are you seriously going to challenge NAT to the greatest muppet title?

Exactly what have I made up? That Wallonia is in Belgium? You seem to be the only muppet who thinks it isn't.

And as for the article:

"From a European perspective, this would be cutting off its nose to spite its face. It might lead to a few jobs moving to Paris or Frankfurt but it will make it more expensive for companies in France and Germany to raise money for investment, slowing the wider economy."

If you think "a few jobs'" is a mass exodus to the EU then you really are more stupid than NAT.

I wonder what Juncker will offer the Wallonia people to buy them off?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    maybe he reads more than one article a day? I bet he doesn't even use a ruler & dictionary for Bill & Ben like a Bremoaner.

https://www.ft.com/content/23d576b0-...0-b48ed7b6126f
    But he didn't say that did he, therefore it's irrelevant what you say. BTW, as I'm actually on the ground in Frankfurt, I can tell that things are already happening here...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    And how do you know that? It doesn't mention it in that article so once again, like a good Brexiter, you're making things up
    maybe he reads more than one article a day? I bet he doesn't even use a ruler & dictionary for Bill & Ben like a Bremoaner.

https://www.ft.com/content/23d576b0-...0-b48ed7b6126f

Paris recently made a bold pitch to woo City of London bankers in the event of Brexit. But, HSBC aside, most banks scoff at the idea that Paris would be a natural venue. Frankfurt, home of the European Central Bank and the financial capital of Europe’s biggest economy, is also problematic.

The local economy minister said this week that several foreign banks had explored moving operations to Frankfurt in recent months.

But, as a small city with a population of less than 700,000 people, Frankfurt is seen as provincial and unpopular with staff. Dublin is English-speaking and attractive on tax grounds, but it is a relative backwater. The most likely outcome is that foreign banks with large operations in London will shift staff to a spread of eurozone locations where they already have operations — including Frankfurt, Dublin, Paris, Warsaw and Lisbon. That would fragment the financial services industry in Europe, potentially weakening the continent’s ability to compete internationally.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Hey, it's GB9's more intelligent older brother!

"Thicker than a mince duvet"
    that is no way to talk about Darmy!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    And they're not going to Paris or Frankfurt apparently. Who'd have thunk that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X