• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leftie Liberal apologetics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Just looking at my US friends at my age now (55) all getting illnesses, body getting fooked, ticker going, not enough medical cover, still have to work 48/hr week, no time off in case your ''mate" nicks your job and impresses the boss.

That's the future for post-Brexit UK; and I'm off to Denmark...
    Excellent news, enjoy Denmark, please don't feel the need to keep ties with Contractor UK

Comment

Just looking at my US friends at my age now (55) all getting illnesses, body getting fooked, ticker going, not enough medical cover, still have to work 48/hr week, no time off in case your ''mate" nicks your job and impresses the boss.

That's the future for post-Brexit UK; and I'm off to Denmark...
      The land of the curtain twitcher. Just do not show any sign of affluence above the average or you will be reported to the tax man
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Excellent news, enjoy Denmark, please don't feel the need to keep ties with Contractor UK

I wonder if stek is into cycling.

Wasn't threaded based in Denmark?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I wonder if stek is into cycling.

Wasn't threaded based in Denmark?
          Yup still got my Chopper....

Comment

Yup still got my Chopper....
            Handy for Copenhagen
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Handy for Copenhagen
              and Bavarian trains apparently.

This is of course the Brilliance of the ISIS offering people now want to be like them, and will kill to do so.

This is the anarchist's manual, make it attractive and you will breed followers without ever indoctrinating them.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                and Bavarian trains apparently.

This is of course the Brilliance of the ISIS offering people now want to be like them, and will kill to do so.

This is the anarchist's manual, make it attractive and you will breed followers without ever indoctrinating them.
                Exhuming McCarthy?

Comment

Exhuming McCarthy?
                  remind me who the Russians lost to?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    remind me who the Russians lost to?
                    Soviets you mean?

Not the same...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      German train stabbing: De Maiziere warns of lone attacks - BBC News

Five people were wounded, two critically, by a 17-year-old who went on the rampage on a train in the southern state of Bavaria on Monday.

The attacker, who arrived in Germany in 2015 as an unaccompanied migrant, was shot dead holding an axe and a knife.

A video emerged in which he said he was a soldier of so-called Islamic State.

BBC then asks:

Was it really an IS attack?

Mr de Maiziere said the teenager had been "incited" by IS propaganda but there was no evidence that he was following the militant group's orders.

So bloke posts a video before committing attack saying he is a soldier of IS, and BBC say "was it really an IS attack?"

And people attack the Daily Mail for biased viewpoints....
                      So if you had been "incited" by US propaganda but there was no evidence that you were following the country's orders and you bomb Iraq, is it really a US attack? I would say no, but perhaps you disagree.

Comment

Working...
                      X