• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not to late to 'Go back on Brexit'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too late to discuss it and moot anyway.
    It's pretty clear that the EU will stick with Single Market=Free Movement.
    Well just have to get on with whatever we get.
    Maybe its a good thing to hit bottom, ground zero, and start again.
    There will be many casualties but that's the nature of the beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
      For sure time limited; I would have thought 24 months would be a reasonable period, but would go with 12

If they're living, working, and contributing here, sure why not. Or if I am living and working "there" sure, why not.

I love the "right to roam" enshrined in the EU but it shouldn't be a right for anyone and everyone to move to the country with "the best deal from the public purse" be that here or elsewhere. Is it unreasonable to have some kind of probationary period where we are supported by our country of origin until we have "proven" ourselves to our adopted home?
      Apparently that is racist - English people can live in England so why should we be able to discriminate against non english people living in england?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        That's democracy when you're voting on what happens in the EU. We don't want that to be the case. If we were outside the EU then we wouldn't be subject to what other countries want.

We want to un-sign from EU law. That's the whole point!
        To have a common market there needs to be a set of laws that everyone implements, even a bi-lateral trade deal will require some give and take, as does NATO, IMF, Interpol etc. etc. If you're saying we should be an isolationist state then fair enough, but I don't think the majority would agree.

If we take the more rational view often expressed that we want to be in a common market but without the other EU "interference", how would the laws that everybody would have to implement be decided? Would everybody have a veto on everything?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          To have a common market there needs to be a set of laws that everyone implements, even a bi-lateral trade deal will require some give and take, as does NATO, IMF, Interpol etc. etc. If you're saying we should be an isolationist state then fair enough, but I don't think the majority would agree.

If we take the more rational view often expressed that we want to be in a common market but without the other EU "interference", how would the laws that everybody would have to implement be decided? Would everybody have a veto on everything?
          A set of laws around trade yes

but the common market grew into the EU and then we started to get lots of other laws and that is what we do not want.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
            I want proper Brexit now - it's the only way to educate people on the reality of the British economic position.
            Otherwise a "stab in the back" myth will dvelop and that's dangerous.
            So lets go for it and see how long we can sustain borrowing to keep our standard of living to the level we expect "because we're worth it".
            Stage 5 - acceptance
            I get up...

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
              Too late to discuss it and moot anyway.
              It's pretty clear that the EU will stick with Single Market=Free Movement.
              Well just have to get on with whatever we get.
              Maybe its a good thing to hit bottom, ground zero, and start again.
              There will be many casualties but that's the nature of the beast.
              Nothing is ever too late to be discussed.

Except for your cretinism. That is universally accepted truth.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                A set of laws around trade yes

but the common market grew into the EU and then we started to get lots of other laws and that is what we do not want.
                But those other laws were either implemented in full by the UK govt (and in many instances gold-plated), or were vetoed by our EU parliamentary and council representatives.

Comment

The number of laws direct from the EU is very low about 7%, and is almost exclusively about trade, i.e. regulations on TV sets or whatever.

The EU obviously influences a lot of laws in that the UK has to adhere to the principles of the freedom of movement but the way in which they are implemented is very much up to the UK. This is where UKIP gets it's 75% from.

The idea the UK is ruled from Brussels is complete nonsense. As Tony Blair said, not one of his major decisions was ever influenced by Europe. In fact we had a big enquiry about one of his decisions yesterday.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Nothing is ever too late to be discussed.

What is it that you want to discuss?
                    You and your fellow morons voted out.
                    Now lets deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ClothCap View Post
                      Stage 5 - acceptance
                      More like resignation.
                      I'm beginning to see proper opportunities in Brexit, especially if asset prices fall

Comment

Working...
                      X