• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"That country now has collapsed - politically, economically, monetarily ..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    Not any more. These days they're all operating through their own Ltds coining in the same rates as the home grown talent.

At least that seems to be the case at my current client where every other developer to a man is a recently naturalised Indian (I'm talking in the hundreds) aside from myself and about 3 others.
    Well now EU migration is to be restricted, expect companies to bring in a lot more ICTs, because we have a "skills shortage" don't you know?
    At least all the EU migrants in the industry I met were first rate as opposed to the second rate Indians we generally get here (the good ones go to the US).

Comment

Originally posted by Kraut View Post
      You could equally blame it on the younger generations, who couldn't be arsed to cast a vote, but then turned out in numbers to loudly protest on the streets. Had they shown up for the referendum, the result may have been different. Of course we'll never know for sure.
      Indeed we won't for sure, however ipsos mori stated soon after the vote that based upon their analysis, if the 18-25 group had voted in the same proportion as the 65+, we would still be in the EU. I can only assume the majority of that age group don't care either way.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
        Well now EU migration is to be restricted, expect companies to bring in a lot more ICTs, because we have a "skills shortage" don't you know?
        At least all the EU migrants in the industry I met were first rate as opposed to the second rate Indians we generally get here (the good ones go to the US).
        Yes, I suspect that's why all the Indians I've spoken to voted for Brexit.
        Last edited by Malcolm Buggeridge; 6 July 2016, 08:12.

Comment

It's not just a case of those too lazy or cant be bothered to vote but many assumed a "remain" was a forgone conclusion.

It isn't going to happen anyway,not as many think it will.
          Last edited by SuperZ; 6 July 2016, 08:14.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
            It's not just a case of those too lazy or cant be bothered to vote but many assumed a "remain" was a forgone conclusion.

It isn't going to happen anyway,not as many think it will.
            TM's supporters expect it before Xmas if she wins so I assume you are hoping she doesn't?

Comment

I would agree with that which is why I wasn't voting exit because of immigration.

Too many companies here would rather have cheap bums on seats than a few more expensive quality ones.

And one of the 3 top developers I have worked with in the last few years is Polish. Top bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                I would agree with that which is why I wasn't voting exit because of immigration.

Too many companies here would rather have cheap bums on seats than a few more expensive quality ones.

And one of the 3 top developers I have worked with in the last few years is Polish. Top bloke.
                I would have expected first rate contractors to vote Remain to take advantage of the vast opportunities in Europe.
                And they probably did, but very few of them are on this forum, if any.
                Instead, on here, we seem to have a bunch of third raters who weren't smart enough to realise that Brexit means far fewer jobs for everybody, particularly for the less educated and skilled.

Comment

I would have expected first rate contractors to vote Remain to take advantage of the vast opportunities in Europe.
                  Of course you would, but that is because you cast your vote based solely in your own personal self-interest.
                  Had I taken such a selfish view then I too would have voted Remain, as that would have been in my own narrow self-interest.
                  However, I chose to vote for the option that I genuinely believe will benefit a majority of my fellow countrymen and not just the privileged.
                  Sometimes my Altruism just gets the better of me. What can I say?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Very few ICT and stem skilled workers come to the UK from EU countries

here is Romania's leading jobs website - check out how many ICT jobs for the Uk are being advertised (strainatate means abroad) https://www.ejobs.ro/locuri-de-munca/strainatate/
                    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 6 July 2016, 08:45.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Of course you would, but that is because you cast your vote based solely in your own personal self-interest.
                      Had I taken such a selfish view then I too would have voted Remain, as that would have been in my own narrow self-interest.
                      However, I chose to vote for the option that I genuinely believe will benefit a majority of my fellow countrymen and not just the privileged.
                      Sometimes my Altruism just gets the better of me. What can I say?

I'm confident I will thrive whatever the circumstances, so my vote wasn't personal.
                      I voted Remain because I didn't want the country destroyed politically and economically.
                      Time will tell who was right.
                      But even with the most optimistic scenario, in 5 years time , I don't expect the country to have the same status or wealth it had prior to this vote.
                      In the pessimistic scenario, well who knows.

Comment

Working...
                      X