• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"That country now has collapsed - politically, economically, monetarily ..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    strange the schools converted to academies seem to be doing mostly very well round here, despite having a huge number of kids with English as a second or fourth language and ones with extra educational needs.
    So you're agreeing that it was all claptrap spouted by the Brexit campaign regarding migrants and their ilk taking up all the infrastructure
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      So you're agreeing that it was all claptrap spouted by the Brexit campaign regarding migrants and their ilk taking up all the infrastructure
      nope that is why Slough is opening new schools in broom cupboards as quickly as possible.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Regardless of whoever the people are, there is a problem with physical infrastructure and services - property, transport and public services in the UK
        are all massively over subscribed i.e. we have too many people here for the resources we currently have, this is a fact.

Of course this is compounded by the criminal lack of government investment, in recent years "austerity", government ponzi scheme housing market, no corp tax collected from big players etc.
        Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 5 July 2016, 19:30.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          strange the schools converted to academies seem to be doing mostly very well round here, despite having a huge number of kids with English as a second or fourth language and ones with extra educational needs.
          Nope.

It is a phenomena already seen in London.

Immigrants tend to be go-getters and some are even middle class back in their home countries even though they do tulip jobs here. This means they have no problems telling their kids to study and not p*ss around at school. Many also support their children either by making them study extra at home and/or sending them to lesson on the weekend even if those lesson are just to teach them their home language.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Of course this is compounded by the criminal lack of government investment, in recent years "austerity", government ponzi scheme housing market, no corp tax collected from big players etc.
            This...WHS...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Regardless of whoever the people are, there is a problem with physical infrastructure and services - property, transport and public services in the UK,
              are all massively over subscribed i.e. we have too many people here for the resources we currently have, this is a fact.

So you acknowledge the fault is the governments not the EU immigrants?

Other European countries have had this issue in the past. They responded by building more housing and investing in other infrastructure plus ensuring that new opportunities weren't mostly located in one area of the country.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                So you acknowledge the fault is the governments not the EU immigrants?

Other European countries have had this issue in the past. They responded by building more housing and investing in other infrastructure plus ensuring that new opportunities weren't mostly located in one area of the country.
                100% for sure, I blame Tony Blair for most things wrong with modern politics.
                Of course its not any EU, or otherwise, migrants fault for wanting to take advantage of opportunities. I do have a very hard, with regards to, illegal migration this is a massive issue in certain parts of London.

These opportunities become available due to government policy and the subsequent changes due to the demands and subsequent political donations of big business.
                Ultimately, therefore, responsibility lies with government for most of our issues, both from a policy level and from the lack of investment that I outlined above.
                In many parts of the country there are areas with singular race EU "ghettos", we have seen over the years, with the first experiences of immigration in the 60's and 70's, that mixing things up is beneficial for all concerned.
                There is no doubt that a greater availability of worker "resource" leads to wage depression and unregulated "sharing" of housing helps compound this too. The funny thing is the first time I saw this was in IT, Indian guys working for £30 PD for a <very large consultancy>, in Hounslow living 12 to a house.....

The lack of opportunities in the rest of the country is staggering, although it looks a lot more hopeful in Manchester, for more years than I can remember, Bristol is buzzing too.
                Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 5 July 2016, 20:10.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
                  The same old timers who've now sent the country up sh1t creek without a paddle? Nice one ...
                  You could equally blame it on the younger generations, who couldn't be arsed to cast a vote, but then turned out in numbers to loudly protest on the streets. Had they shown up for the referendum, the result may have been different. Of course we'll never know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kraut View Post
                    Had they shown up for the referendum, the result may have been different. Of course we'll never know for sure.
                    All about priorities. They were all too busy taking photos of their food on their iphones so they could snapchat their friends to be bothered to walk the 200 yards to the polling booth.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

. The funny thing is the first time I saw this was in IT, Indian guys working for £30 PD for a <very large consultancy>, in Hounslow living 12 to a house.....
                      Not any more. These days they're all operating through their own Ltds coining in the same rates as the home grown talent.

At least that seems to be the case at my current client where every other developer to a man is a recently naturalised Indian (I'm talking in the hundreds) aside from myself and about 3 others.

Comment

Working...
                      X