• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shockingly Tony B'Liar wants to ignore the democratic will of the people.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    No one would shoot Blair.

He would just be "encouraged" to take a walk like David Kelly....
    I know lots of places he can walk.

Mainly minefields & multi lane highways but maybe a quick walk round Syria or similar.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I know lots of places he can walk.

Mainly minefields & multi lane highways but maybe a quick walk round Syria or similar.
      Well he was a peace envoy....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Well he was a peace envoy....
        Remind me again how that worked out...

Comment

I have heard it suggested that because the vote was not 60% in favour then it can be ignored by p[arliament.

Then it will be 70%. Then 80%. etcetc. Its a slippery path.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I have heard it suggested that because the vote was not 60% in favour then it can be ignored by p[arliament.

Then it will be 70%. Then 80%. etcetc. Its a slippery path.
            If they fixed the problems with the EU and took another vote I'm sure remain would win.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I have heard it suggested that because the vote was not 60% in favour then it can be ignored by parliament.
              Technically, if the vote was 99.99999% if favour of Brexit, the result could be ignored by parliament. Politically, however, it's another story.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If they fixed the problems with the EU and took another vote I'm sure remain would win.
                And just how long do you imagine THAT might take? It would be a vote for our great-grandchildren to ponder.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  And just how long do you imagine THAT might take? It would be a vote for our great-grandchildren to ponder.
                  It could take an afternoon if both parties wanted it to.

Comment

Remain would probably win if there was another vote anyway as the non-voters would wake up, and the people who googled "What is the EU" after voting Leave would know what they were voting for this time.

But what would be the "fix"? Lots of people talked about reforming the EU, but nobody ever said what the reform is. Making it more democratic by holding more elections would be dumb; nobody really cares enough to vote more. You can't have a common market without everybody agreeing to follow the same rules, and if you go back to every country having a veto on everything nothing will ever get agreed. So is it simply allowing immigration caps?
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      Remain would probably win if there was another vote anyway as the non-voters would wake up, and the people who googled "What is the EU" after voting Leave would know what they were voting for this time.

But what would be the "fix"? Lots of people talked about reforming the EU, but nobody ever said what the reform is. Making it more democratic by holding more elections would be dumb; nobody really cares enough to vote more. You can't have a common market without everybody agreeing to follow the same rules, and if you go back to every country having a veto on everything nothing will ever get agreed. So is it simply allowing immigration caps?
                      what else fuelled the leave vote?

Why did over half the country vote leave?

And no its not because they are stupid and they should have agreed with you (that however is a big clue to one issue).

Comment

Working...
                      X