• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One Less Concern For Remainers ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Less Concern For Remainers ?

British banks could still thrive in Europe thanks to loophole | This is Money

Even Suity can write something about the economy on dailymail and get followers.

Comment

Let's hope something works. Whether you hate bankers or not, the fact remains that London, and particularly the City, generates 25% of total British GDP.
      Anything that fooks financial services means, given industrial weakness, that the country as a whole is fooked.

Comment

I've heard from a few financial advisers never to follow the financial advice given in the Mail as it's frequently incorrect.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          Even Suity can write something about the economy on dailymail and get followers.

It was in a number of papers yesterday, not just the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I've heard from a few financial advisers never to follow the financial advice given in the Mail as it's frequently incorrect.
            Never follow any financial advice in any newspaper. They won't be there when it goes pear shaped.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
              Never follow any financial advice in any newspaper. They won't be there when it goes pear shaped.
              I am going to follow this one closely because when Mifid2 is introduced later this year (I think it is) this loophold will become policy and therefore will give the UK banks the passport equivalent they need, which Remainers are fretting about left right and centre.

Watch this space...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                I am going to follow this one closely because when Mifid2 is introduced later this year (I think it is) this loophold will become policy and therefore will give the UK banks the passport equivalent they need, which Remainers are fretting about left right and centre.

Watch this space...
                Mifid2 isn't exactly equivalent to passport rights though, is it? It only covers certain narrow areas, from the liitle I know, admittedly.

Comment

Right and there will be no problem with this loophole:

HMRC Scheme Enquiries
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
                    Mifid2 isn't exactly equivalent to passport rights though, is it? It only covers certain narrow areas, from the liitle I know, admittedly.
                    I don't know too much on this either, but on a serious note, if the article is true it will alleviate one of the major worry beads of the Remain supporters.

Comment

Working...
                    X