• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Green Taxes? What's the Problem?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forumbore
    The rest is bollox
    Why? I'm rich relative to the general population.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Why? I'm rich relative to the general population.
      prove it, go and buy an SUV

Comment

If the UK to rid of all its carbon emissions it would reduce world total by 2%. Even the US is not the major cause of increase. The most effective measure we could take would be to nuke China and India.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Let's have tax on anyone who owns a buy-to-let as they are stopping normal people from affording to buy a new home as the deman for BTL is pushing up house prices.

Is a similar, stupid, leftie, envious bollox argument to the SUV tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Forumbore
            prove it, go and buy an SUV
            Why? I've got taste and I can drive well, so naturally I have a hot hatch.
            Civic Type R if you must know Next stop, new sporty Jag, perhaps.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              Let's have tax on anyone who owns a buy-to-let as they are stopping normal people from affording to buy a new home as the deman for BTL is pushing up house prices.

Is a similar, stupid, leftie, envious bollox argument to the SUV tax.
              Clearly you don't understand. I'm all for taxes on the stupid, not for the rich.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Poor Johnny

Originally posted by sasguru
                Learn to read before you post. Where did I mention cost or the environment? I hate SUVs in London when they are used for short journeys to take fat Johnny to school, in particular. Have you ever driven near a school in rush hour? It's full of women taking half an hour to make a U-turn, having dropped off their obese offspring at school. Let fat Johnny walk to school and lose some weight FFS and stop clogging up London's streets.

PS To DimPrawn: yes a cab is almost as large, but they are designed for London (tiny turning circle) and cabbies generally drive well. My rant is directed at rich women who can't drive large cars yet insist on doing so.

Johnny cannot walk to school in London becuase he will get mugged by chavs or fiddled with by the local paedo.

But its not too much of a problem becuase we can put prohibitive tax on paedos and muggers. Using the prevailing taxation mantra, "Tax anything that fcking moves", it should work.
                There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
                  Johnny cannot walk to school in London becuase he will get mugged by chavs or fiddled with by the local paedo.
                  I have a solution to that which will also please the environmentalist lobby. Get rid of all but a few police panda cars and put them back on the beat or on bikes. Case closed.
                  Next ....
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                    If the UK to rid of all its carbon emissions it would reduce world total by 2%. Even the US is not the major cause of increase. The most effective measure we could take would be to nuke China and India.
                    There was a good factoid on a Radio 4 debate on the facts of climate change a few weeks ago. If the UK banned the use of all road transport, the reduction in carbon emissions achieved would be overtaken by the increase in carbon emissions from China in 100 days.

Comment

Put a tax on being Chinese.

Comment

Working...
                      X