• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Green Taxes? What's the Problem?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru
    Totally against taxes of any kind but support them in one case: stupid w*ankers who drive SUVs in the city - nothing to do with global warming etc etc - it's just that they're ugly, clog up the streets and the people who drive them are thick as planks.
    Yet in many cases those brand new SUV's are a lot more economical to run than your average petrol car!

Then again, why let facts get in the way of a good upper class hate'n!

Mailman

Comment

Totally against taxes of any kind but support them in one case: stupid w*ankers who drive SUVs in the city - nothing to do with global warming etc etc - it's just that they're ugly, clog up the streets and the people who drive them are thick as planks.
      SUVs are hated by lefties which makes them good enough for me

Comment

Want to know why climate is changing.

Look up Orbital precession, axial tilt and eccentricity.

Be amazed that the 5 degree temperature change, the maximum predicted, just happens to be a small fraction of the normal planetary fluctuation.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg
          Look up Orbital precession, axial tilt and eccentricity.

Be amazed that the 5 degree temperature change, the maximum predicted, just happens to be a small fraction of the normal planetary fluctuation.
          Whatever the cause is, I can resolve the problem by putting a tax on it.

HTH
          Gordon Brown.

Comment

Global warming is all rubbish.

The planet goes in and out of ice ages naturally and this is not caused by cars and planes as they haven't been around long enough. Also a volcano erupting causes moe damamge to the ozone layer than anything we have done in the last 10 years but the pinko commie liberals don't want everybody to know that do they !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
              Whatever the cause is, I can resolve the problem by putting a tax on it.

HTH
              Gordon Brown.

After a period of consultation, of course.

John Reid.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                Yet in many cases those brand new SUV's are a lot more economical to run than your average petrol car!

Then again, why let facts get in the way of a good upper class hate'n!

Mailman
                Learn to read before you post. Where did I mention cost or the environment? I hate SUVs in London when they are used for short journeys to take fat Johnny to school, in particular. Have you ever driven near a school in rush hour? It's full of women taking half an hour to make a U-turn, having dropped off their obese offspring at school. Let fat Johnny walk to school and lose some weight FFS and stop clogging up London's streets.

PS To DimPrawn: yes a cab is almost as large, but they are designed for London (tiny turning circle) and cabbies generally drive well. My rant is directed at rich women who can't drive large cars yet insist on doing so.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

. My rant is directed at rich .
                  The rest is bollox

Comment

Lets have a tax on rich women with big cars who can't drive and have fat children with posh names then.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                      After a period of consultation, of course.

John Reid.

Comment

Working...
                      X