• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bleeding radiators... no but seriously, a new boiler

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleeding radiators... no but seriously, a new boiler

Need to replace my 30 year old boiler. 18 rads in the house and 5 showers so need a decent boiler and might as well get some nice gadgets for fun.

Am looking at something like the Vaillant 418 with their vSmart remote control tech. Boiler is around £850 then fitting etc on top, hopefully all for under £2k.

Anyone here been through a boiler selection process recently and can advise?

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Need to replace my 30 year old boiler. 18 rads in the house and 5 showers so need a decent boiler and might as well get some nice gadgets for fun.
    Is that a B&B you run?

Comment

Worchester boilers are considered to be better than Vaillant.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Worcester

Comment

Like condoms you mean?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

yup mum has a system boiler and 3x 400 litre pressurized cylinders , it keeps my basement abode cozy at those lonely nights on xhamster.

Comment

Out with the German products. Buy British

Hang on .....

Comment

Am looking at something like the Vaillant 418 with their vSmart remote control tech. Boiler is around £850 then fitting etc on top, hopefully all for under £2k.

Anyone here been through a boiler selection process recently and can advise?
                If you have mains gas, I have an almost new Vaillant Ecotec, with all the copper pipes attached (which is important apparently).

Cost me 5K new, to buy and install, and was used for about a year (and serviced by North Eastern Gas).

I'll let you know the model number tomorrow night when I'm back home. But it was absolutely top of the range when I bought it in 2012.

Yours for £2K if you're interested ;-)

I still have it because the guy buying my flat planned to gut the place, and said he was happy for me to take anything I could, including fittings, and I don't use mains gas at my new place.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  I'll let you know the model number tomorrow night when I'm back home.
                  Not a problem. I'll be visiting tonight anyway. I shall post the model number later.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    Not a problem. I'll be visiting tonight anyway. I shall post the model number later.
                    can you not just hook that boiler up to an orifice ??

surely the gas pressure is enough

Comment

Working...
                    X