• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bleeding radiators... no but seriously, a new boiler

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Well this is it - plumber says we have 12 bar coming into the house so cannot put a pump on it to increase pressure but as soon as you turn on any tap whilst shower is on shower loses power...

oh well thinking of getting a gravity fed tank to sort out upstairs shower
    if you have a combi system you can`t put a pump anyway because it is mains fed

you will lose some power when turning the tap on , but should still be usable .

if its an old boiler i would go to a system boiler and a megaflow , although you can use combi boilers to feed megaflows .

a good indicator is filling a 10 litre bucket and timing how long it takes

Comment

I like the look of these personally

Viessmann - Heating Systems, Industrial Energy Systems, Refrigeration Systems

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Well this is it - plumber says we have 12 bar coming into the house
        Status Quo practising in your living room?

Comment

I had a Worcester Bosch 38 Cdi fitted last week to replace my unreliable Ariston 24 MFFI.
          £1970+Vat

I had kept the Ariston going for quite a few years and parts were still readily available (and cheap) but it just simply never had adequate DHW even with me cleaning the scale out of the DHW heat exchanger annually. Things improved slightly when I fitted a combi-save but it just took too long to fill a bath.

I went for the add on magnetic filter and hence got the 10 year warranty on the Worcester
          I also bought the matching timer and wireless remote thermostat
          The comparative increase in DHW output is most impressive running 2 showers now is not a problem
          Water can now be 'ouch' hot.
          The Worcester is a lot smaller than the Ariston and considerably quieter.

I did toy with the idea of going for a system boiler and installing a direct twin coil (for solar) cylinder but decided against it simply because the Feed in Tariff for solar HW does not offer a good return.

Might DIY as system one day though using old radiators as collectors.

I also have looked, on and off, for years at both air and ground source Heatpumps.
          I have enough land to install the loop but again the initial cost is very steep plus I would have to up size all may rads to allow for running at 55-60 degrees instead of 70-80
          So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Ah ha ha

Don't give up you're day job

😀

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Golden!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X