• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Birstall MP attacked and killed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    He bought a handbook in 1999 on how to make a handgun.
    I once bought a book on the kamasutra. Much to my regret i've not practiced all the positions. But it doesn't mean i'm going to wheel-borrow someone.

Our actions define us, not our beliefs. Obviously his action couldn't have happened at any point given the crap he was spouting at the time. Would he have done the same to Tiffany at checkout 3 in ASDA while shouting his political message? No. He's a nutter like most far right, mentally ill no doubt and you can bet the powers that be are attempting to push his character deep into that territory.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    +1

Maybe they are worried that if the UK leaves they will not be allowed back.
    Is it that they see the UK as it was, we see what its becoming?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Most people in the Remain camp like most people who were in the No camp in the Scottish referendum actually live in the relevant country.
    Within CUK? Are you sure? Darmstadt, Scooter and NAT seem very vocal on this thread amongst others. I'd say that represents quite a decent proportion of the CUK Bremain family. Fairly sure none of them currently reside in Blighty.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    +1

I totally agree. Narrow self-interest. Hardly the most altruistic way to be voting.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    An apologist is someone who offers an argument in defence of something controversial. Not someone who apologises.
    Precisely, and I in no way offered any defence for what happened. So your point is?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Funny how most of the Remainers seem to be expats.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You don't help your argument by sounding like an apologist...
    WTF are you on about? I have nothing to apologize for.
    An apologist is someone who offers an argument in defence of something controversial. Not someone who apologises.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I wonder what the breakdown is on here of the Remain camp in terms of just what proportion of them actually still reside in the UK?
    Not that I feel they are not entitled to have an opinion, but just from the point of view that they may well be less informed and aware of many of the things that are driving so many people from a whole range of political flavours to consider an OUT vote so seriously.

I believe that it is a frustration with their political leaders, who similarly are out of touch with their concerns, that is breeding disenchantment with the whole political elite.
    It might well prove to be the case that a vote that goes against what most of these leaders of various hues expect will really shake things up and force a real change in our entire democratic process. Not before time too.
    Funny how most of the Remainers seem to be expats. The poor buggers who have to live in this country can't wait to be shot of our so-called Lords & Masters. A plague on both your houses (that's Brussels & Strasbourg, for the uninitiated).

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Truth be told, if PM never called a referendum for political gain in the first place Mrs Cox would still be alive today.
    Doubtful, and arguably somewhat disingenuous. What Cameron did may well have been stupid, in your opinion, but that must never be allowed to excuse or explain the actions of a lone nutcase. Instead of blaming Cameron, how about blaming the individual, and possibly those who let him loose on the streets.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I vote with my feet. Life is short as it is. If my vote can help fix that, great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X