• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I've decided not to vote. Both sides are full of tulip.

Standard Remain line seems to be patronising about people living outside of London not understanding the benefits of staying in the EU. We get it, you're voting remain to protect your over-inflated house prices.

Stand Leave line seems to be about immigration. The biggest problem is the wrong immigrants from anywhere, not just the EU. Voting out wouldn't necessarily change it anyway and it's our own government that can sort it out already but choose not to.

Immigrants have increased house prices and reduced wages but the Labour government of the late 90s made being a dole scrounger a career option. All politicians are chunts; either through what they do or what they fail to do.
    Thank **** for that, at least you admit you're not intelligent enough to form an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      WTF has Nato go to do with it?

"NATO’s essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.

POLITICAL - NATO promotes democratic values and encourages consultation and cooperation on defence and security issues to build trust and, in the long run, prevent conflict.

MILITARY - NATO is committed to the peaceful resolution of disputes. If diplomatic efforts fail, it has the military capacity needed to undertake crisis-management operations. These are carried out under Article 5 of the Washington Treaty - NATO’s founding treaty - or under a UN mandate, alone or in cooperation with other countries and international organisations."
      its Nato that attacked balkan states in 1990(ish). Not the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
        Might be a new thing? I signed up with Paddy Power, registered my card, made my deposit (debit card), decided not to use them at the time so went to withdraw. They said they need a scan of Passport which I reluctantly did. Just been back on to try and get 7/1 exit and it said "We were unable to verify you're 18, please provide a scan of your bank statement (can block out transactions) and scan of debit card (can block out number)".

At which point I politely asked them to go f*** themselves.
        7-1 has gone. I just drove down the road to Paddy Power to place a BREXIT bet and the bloody thing had dropped to 6-1. Had 50 quid on, stuck a tenner in the machine won 50 quid. So, technically a Win, Draw situation.

Result.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Thank **** for that, at least you admit you're not intelligent enough to form an opinion.
          Not at all, I've decided that there are enough patronising prats like you about to bore many into submission.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
            its Nato that attacked balkan states in 1990(ish). Not the EU.
            Sorted out genocide scum from Serbia, action wasn't soon enough, but at least it happened - now separate Balkan states doing pretty well, including Serbia.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Sorted out genocide scum from Serbia, action wasn't soon enough, but at least it happened - now separate Balkan states doing pretty well, including Serbia.
              the point is brexiters will say anything they "think" will be a reason to leave. It's seriously dumb!

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                So now you are picking on NATO ? how about leave NATO too and be completely sovereign
                Haha, you think the Balkan conflict was started by NATO?

Log off you amoebic weapon.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Haha, you think the Balkan conflict was started by NATO?

Log off you amoebic weapon.
                  This might explain it

Neurosyphilis: Causes, Types, and Treatments
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    WTF has Nato go to do with it?

"NATO’s essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.

POLITICAL - NATO promotes democratic values and encourages consultation and cooperation on defence and security issues to build trust and, in the long run, prevent conflict.

MILITARY - NATO is committed to the peaceful resolution of disputes. If diplomatic efforts fail, it has the military capacity needed to undertake crisis-management operations. These are carried out under Article 5 of the Washington Treaty - NATO’s founding treaty - or under a UN mandate, alone or in cooperation with other countries and international organisations."
                    I have my doubghts, only if has strong economic interests.
                    I remember the East Timor case when Portugal theatend to get out of NATO if USA did not support East Timor.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Before they decided to have a number of conflicts they were all pretty much together, economically and politically. They then decided to go their own way and all hell broke loose. Once that was all sorted they decided to join another economic and political union and things are starting to look up for them although one country that is not in the Balkans has decided, or at least those people with a short term memory, decided it might want to leave that economic and political union which...and so history repeats itself...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X