• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tin Hat alert!! (quoting a load of utter conspiracy theory tosh from a web site called "abovetopsecret")

Ted Heath was of a generation motivated above all by a hatred and rejection of the Yanks after the Suez debacle.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      friday's going to be amazing! i'm going to wake up in my Union Jack jim-jams to the sound of a squadron of Spitfires racing overhead and leaving a trail of hot buttered crumpets behind them

I'll run to the corner shop past all the british children who are laughing and squealing with excitement as they make a beautiful statue of the queen out of happy wriggling bulldog puppies - with two corgis for her eyebrows!

bunting flutters everywhere and the man from the betting shop steps into the street - "guess what! England just won the World Cup & The Ashes & The Grand National and here's the best bit - Boris put a bet on it for everyone! you're all MILLIONAIRES!!!"

the red arrows fly overhead dropping fish and chips as i walk into the corner shop, get my morning paper and go to the counter. "how much please?" i say to the asian lad there. "1 pence, everything in the whole shop now costs just 1p!" he laughs, "leave it on the counter, i'm off back to pakistan - we all are!"

and he's right! outside in the streets jolly old nigel farage is leading a huge crowd of happy foreigners - turks, poles, romanians, syrians - there's even a few English people with heavy suntans mixed up in there! nigel's playing Rule Britannia on a long pipe, rather like the pipe that takes the gas into your oven, and they're all following and smiling and talking foreign, bless them!

just then boris flies overhead in a concorde made of Bank of England gold - "don't worry!" he laughs "I've cut out all the bits the French made!" and with that he crashes into the ground at 1200 miles an hour, along with the economy, the country and all the dozy nostalgic foreigner-fearing ****wits who fell for his bulltulip.
      .. and then you woke up!

Sometimes it's best to be interrupted in the middle of a vivid dream, because then you remember it!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Insult me all you want. You've been brainwashed. And that makes you dumbasses.

Fall for false and populist arguments.
        Stop migration on brexit? FALSE. you can stop half of it anytime should you wish though. But you won't put points on EU witout them putting points on you.
        etc etc etc
        Last edited by diseasex; 23 June 2016, 09:46.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          I was wondering this too. Scotland was known in the morning if I remember correctly, but the 2015 GE exit poll revealed at 10pm turned out to be spookily accurate even though everybody spent the first few hours asking why it could be so wrong.
          Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          You stay up for the speculation.

But unlike GE there is no fun as you don't get to watch the likes of Ed Balls and Esther McVey lose their seats....
          We've had speculation for months. I had hoped we'd start to get results trickling in region by region but if we don't get any results until 4am, why bother staying up. I think I'll get up for it instead.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Another rational argument there then. It's amazing people bring up the war as justification for not building bridges with our European neighbours. WW2 should be a cautionary tale about nationalism, not a reason to embrace nationalism at home.
            Nowhere has anyone who wants to vote leave said we do not want to have good close open and honest relations with any country in the world whether they are in or out of the EU

What we are saying is we do not need to have an overseeing European Parliment

Comment

I voted against the way I'm being guilted/manipulated/ordered/frightened to vote. Not that it will make any difference. There seems to be a lot of establishment manipulation behind this...
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

We want our country back. Vote to Leave.
                Did the Leave campaign join forces with the SNP?

Comment

Originally posted by zemoxyl View Post
                  Did the Leave campaign join forces with the SNP?
                  The SNP made the schoolboy error of asking the Scots to vote. If they had asked the English then they would have been free.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    What we are saying is we do not need to have an overseeing European Parliament
                    trying to protect us from having our civil liberties dictated to us by a centralised European power.
                    That's not exactly the same thing is it? The EU is not a dictatorship, and it's not a centralised European power. Only irrational people are won over by those arguments.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                      Insult me all you want. You've been brainwashed. And that makes you dumbasses.
                      OK I'll make a starter for ten..

Feck off, you fecking, tedious, bulltuliping, chunt.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X