• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never ending support after contract finished!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Ok, bringing NLUK into this is uncalled for.
    Well he is a member of the 'search and you shall follow' Google cult. Some prefer to walk their own path even if it leads nowhere useful.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Generally people who phoned me where nice about it - apart from this guy.
      How did NLUK get your number?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You know nowadays you can get apps to block numbers?

The other person just thinks either you are not available as it goes straight to voicemail or thinks that you aren't around to pick up your phone as it just rings.

Oh and both Android and iPhone does it straight from the box but they don't flag up who is calling.
        Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Really? Blocks all withheld or blacklisted numbers automatically?

I have an android phone for personal use, find the internet ability invaluable when out and about, but still have an old fashion blackberry style Nokia for work calls. I suppose I could move to one phone if I can ensure personal life not impeded too much by unwanted calls and by premie workaholics sending txts and emails at all hours.

Any android app names to avoid me searching?
        Some love searching like it's an addiction, but the benefit of the internet it to share info without needing to search.

You don't need an app, it's in the operating system as standard.

Anyway, I've decided to make this my one helpful post of the day (or maybe week/month), and have gone to the trouble of Googling "block phone number android"...

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...id-smartphone/
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I've decided to take up training. Going to set myself the Couch to 5K challenge.

In my case, I'm going for the Couch to Kitchen challenge.
          Don't stretch yourself too far, that kitchen is almost 12 paces away...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by dltasty View Post
            The issue is - they keep emailing me every week asking me to support or fix different things - but I think they are expecting me to do this for free... as in their mind it "should have worked".
            Try this little experiment to help answer your question:

Go to your local garage. Ask them to fix your car for free. Go to your local builder, ask him to fix something he did for you last year for free.

Ask your accountant to do stuff for you .... for free.

Do you have a cleaner? If so, ask them to do some extra cleaning for free.

Ask any of your permie mates whether they work for their old employers for free.

In short, nobody works for free. So why should you? No commercial organisation supplies it's products for free. So why should yours?

More importantly. You should not feel guilty about saying "No" to them. You really need to get over your squeamishness about asking them for money.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              That's logical; who's had yours, your posts have made sense.
              I have been out of sorts recently. I shall follow MFs example and do the Couch to Posting bollox challenge.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                Well he is a member of the 'search and you shall follow' Google cult. Some prefer to walk their own path even if it leads nowhere useful.
                Gotta always love IT people that refuse to use Google
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

who remembers the good old times of webcrawler, alta vista, Lycos etc and even Yahoo?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    who remembers the good old times of webcrawler, alta vista, Lycos etc and even Yahoo?
                    Astalavista.box.sk was my favourite...
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      Yahoo is still around.

Then there is Bing....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X