• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREXIT betting markets tracker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betting odds reflect where the money is going and where people see value. They are a useful tool, but simply a tool, alongside the polls. Personally, I think there's little value in Remain at these odds. The latest Survation phone poll (just released) has Leave climbing to 49.5, with Remain only 1% ahead. Very close indeed. The value is skewed towards Leave, as a risk/reward calculation, although I think the betting odds have the result correct (just not the probability).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Betting odds reflect where the money is going and where people see value. They are a useful tool, but simply a tool, alongside the polls. Personally, I think there's little value in Remain at these odds. The latest Survation phone poll (just released) has Leave climbing to 49.5, with Remain only 1% ahead. Very close indeed. The value is skewed towards Leave, as a risk/reward calculation, although I think the betting odds have the result correct (just not the probability).
      I agree it's worth a punt on Leave at those odds.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        I agree it's worth a punt on Leave at those odds.
        Has anyone here put any serious cash on the result?

Comment

Will Paddy Power do a cull of the Brexiteers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvq-uO-XgjM
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
            Has anyone here put any serious cash on the result?
            Interesting article here, but not me as I've lost every political bet I've ever made (no way the US will elect a black president etc.)

EU referendum is biggest political betting event in British history | Politics | The Guardian

Comment

Interesting article here, but not me as I've lost every political bet I've ever made (no way the US will elect a black president etc.)
              Just out of interest, how would you bet on Trump v Clinton?

*Gets ready to bet warchest on the other side*
              England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

EU referendum is biggest political betting event in British history | Politics | The Guardian
                I've never been in a bookies and I'm not starting now. That said, I've 'done well' on losing cash on shares. Although £40 million sounds quite a chunk, it would appear that £200 million was punted on the Grand National in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                  Just out of interest, how would you bet on Trump v Clinton?

*Gets ready to bet warchest on the other side*
                  Trump is worth a go at 5/2.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    I've never been in a bookies and I'm not starting now. That said, I've 'done well' on losing cash on shares. Although £40 million sounds quite a chunk, it would appear that £200 million was punted on the Grand National in 2015.
                    I've done so badly on shares and spread bets I am considering setting up subscription service, where for a small fee, I tell people what I am buying/selling and they can go ahead and do the exact opposite(If I am long go short, if I am long go short) lots of people will pay off their mortgages in no time with my 'track record'!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Another good article:

Should you trust the pollsters or the bookies on the EU referendum? | Politics | The Guardian

Comment

Working...
                      X