• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

couple struggling with 200k pa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this and a lot of others in newspapers these days, come under the "1st World Problems" heading.

etc.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      That said, does anyone know how Suity makes the ends meet with his £120,000 salary and 4 kids?
      The word you are looking for is "Luton".

Comment

That said, does anyone know how Suity makes the ends meet with his £120,000 salary and 4 kids?
        Alimony from mailman...

Comment

4 kids so far....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I earn in excess of 200k pa and certainly do not feel rich.
            Yes, that is because 200K is the number of calories you earn from eating pies in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I earn in excess of 200k pa and certainly do not feel rich. After pensions and et all, you're only really clearing 10/11k per month. Few holidays, car etc and it's not exactly a fortune is it.i don't send the kids private, but if I did the anything I save would most likely disappear.

First class travel ain't cheap you know.
              i assume some of it is from BTL?

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                i assume some of it is from BTL?
                No, but he gets a lot from extra ad revenue he generates CUK from posting his "Is this the right time...?" threads...

Comment

Yes, that is because 200K is the number of calories you earn from eating pies in a week.
                  FTFY
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

try raising 3 kids on £22K

Scary, the wife earns more than that. But mates of mine manage it. I try not to let on.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                      I have just over 80k and I make sure 50-60k of it is saved , rest is "blown" on mortgage and little rest life

If I had to pay for anything beyond that, like private schools and what not , that would have to come from investments or passive income , otherwise "I can't afford"

This country need finances education.
                      So what are you planning to do with all that money?
                      It seems from the experience of most of the contractors on this board, at some point that cash is going to go up in flames on your ex wife and a divorce or to HMRC in an IR35 raid.

Thats a lot of hard work to see walk out the door with anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X