• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Postmen and burglars perhaps. Whereas absolutely anybody could claim to be me, which is far easier than counterfeiting, burglaring or postman-becoming.
    Nope, which is precisely why they do it. Voting irregularities result in investigations, and if this were done on a significant scale, it would inevitably result in voting irregularities, as turnout is typically greater than 50% for a Parliamentary election (and will be for the EU ref). As I say, voting fraud isn't unheard of, but the system works, and it makes much more sense than vetting against a polling card (which is why they don't do it).

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      I've decided, even though I've voting rights, that I'm leaving the vote to UK nationals. Being pole and naturally after remain , I think the vote should be yours and only yours.
      Why not find a British expat who's been out of the country for more than fifteen years, and thus has been disenfranchised, and vote according to how they would like.

For example, the war hero Harry Shindler - 93 year old veteran of the WWII Anzio beach-head in Italy in 1944

I might like you then.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Why not find a British expat who's been out of the country for more than fifteen years, and thus has been disenfranchised, and vote according to how they would like.

For example, the war hero Harry Shindler - 93 year old veteran of the WWII Anzio beach-head in Italy in 1944

I might like you then.
        Ok I'll do the exact opposite so you hate me more ^_^

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            WHS

Comment

No problem. Find an expat who's been out of the country for more than 15 years who's in favour of brexit and vote that way.

If you don't want to use your franchise, why not give it to someone who's been disenfranchised?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X