• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Providing false information is a (serious) criminal offense (up to 6 months in prison and an unlimited fine IIRC).
    They haven't got resources to solve serious crimes, why will they bother about false information on electoral register?
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      They haven't got resources to solve serious crimes, why will they bother about false information on electoral register?
      I think you're misunderstanding what diseasex has done, so this is moot. They would be turned away from the polling station. Also, IIRC, you do need to provide your NI or passport number (as a foreign citizen) to register online, and they do make cross-checks against a DWP database, so it isn't that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Cos we will all tell them.

They need some people to make example of every now and again.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Cos we will all tell them.

They need some people to make example of every now and again.
          Still as far as I know , you don't validate people that go voting...
          In Poland if we did this all of a sudden russian invasion would be passed

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
            Still as far as I know , you don't validate people that go voting...
            In Poland if we did this all of a sudden russian invasion would be passed
            Yep, that's exactly what we do. You give your name and address at the polling station (which they check against their franchise).

Comment

Yep, that's exactly what we do. You give your name and address at the polling station (which they check against their franchise).
              What if i gave your name and address knowing you

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                What if i gave your name and address knowing you
                If I went to vote, you'd be in deep trouble. I'm not saying fraud is impossible, obviously it isn't, only that it isn't nearly as easy as you think.

Comment

I never understand why they send out the polling card, but whenever I've taken the polling card with me they tell me I don't need it. Surely that'd be a pretty easy way to check identity.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    I never understand why they send out the polling card, but whenever I've taken the polling card with me they tell me I don't need it. Surely that'd be a pretty easy way to check identity.
                    Not really. Anyone can get hold of the card, it might not be delivered, easily counterfeited etc. Anyway, it's much easier/safer for them to cross-check against the actual franchise they have in front of them.

Comment

Not really. Anyone can get hold of the card, it might not be delivered, easily counterfeited etc. Anyway, it's much easier/safer for them to cross-check against the actual franchise they have in front of them.
                      Postmen and burglars perhaps. Whereas absolutely anybody could claim to be me, which is far easier than counterfeiting, burglaring or postman-becoming.
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X